Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Music Shops in Dungarvan?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anywhere in Dungarvan that I may be able to get my hands on a few CDs. I'd rather get my hands on them now than wait for them to come from the net.

I know there's Heartbeat City, and to an extent I'm sure Ben O'Neill does the odd CD - anywhere else in mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Go see Joe in Ben O'Neills! Worth it just to chat with Joe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I think there is also music CD's for sale in Byrne's, how extensive a supply I don't know.

Joe in BenO's is a mine of information on music, I got my first Canned Heat tape from Joe in 1989.....:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

There's no real dedicated music shop, heatbeat city has the usual top 40 stuff!

Joe in ben's in the lad ya wanna talk to if your in to a more eclectic sound....a bit of a music train spotter!

apart from that, buying online is your only kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Do ye remember the music quiz show that used to be on RTE?

Dave Fanning versus Jerry Ryan plus team members from the public.

Oh how I wanted Joe to go on that and crush Dave Fanning! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

Do ye remember the music quiz show that used to be on RTE?

Dave Fanning versus Jerry Ryan plus team members from the public.

Oh how I wanted Joe to go on that and crush Dave Fanning! :D

Numvber One was its name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Mutleyhound

Ben O'Neills by far - voted for the in a poll Radio 1 was running for Record Shop Day and they kicked.

At least there's every genre instock you go some places and they look down there noses at certain music - pathetic music snobbery.

I got the new deluxe Rory Gallagher from Joe, Nic Jones Penguin Eggs, Christy Hennessy Green Album & Angela Gheorghiu .... fair play - a quality bag of goodies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

+ 1 for Joe at Ben O'Neills. Passion and enthusiasm, there's a bad need for that in Ireland right now. Joe knows his stuff.

Was in Cork yesterday......no Living Tradition, HMV had nothing as did Pluggd so in all fairness thumbs up for Joe with that selection in a small town ..... it costs to have selection & choice ...... SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC SHOPS EVERYONE PLEASE!!!! TALK TO JOE :-) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

You can even talk to Karen on Facebook ;)

Search Ben O'Neills Talk to Joe page.

Handy if you want to be informed of new releases/new albums in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxdeancxx

gamestop have grand cds i but alot of them there second hand and they work fine 3.99 each or 3 for 10 last time i checked

• Advertisement

I personally like to try new stuff, If I saw something I wanted 2nd hand I'd pick it up but generally I try and support people trying to keep something going ... just like the living tradition and Joe inside that's his thing and it's just a sideline for gamestop so it's Joe for me and he cut stuff when I got a few the last time so that's me sorted:)

Thanks mountiansandh for the info re facebook found it! handy :)

Advertisement