Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth problem with Garmin Nuvi 660

Options
  • 03-04-2010 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, hope someone can help. Got a Garmin SatNav NUVI 600 which has bluetooth. the bluetooth has disabled and cannot be reset. I have depressed the reset button under the antenna flap to no avail. When I request bluetooth enable the unit goes into a page flagging enabling and locks out. All other functions still servicable. Any ideas anyone????????confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oneanswer

Actually I found around one year ago the "light" version that worked for me since then (using a nuvi 660 fm):

Go to the map screen and press the lower left button that usually shows the ETA.
    This brings you to the statistics screen where you "press" the middle of the speed meter for some seconds (about 10s i think, feels like 20s :) ).
    You arrive at a diagnostics screen, press button "Next" until you reach the bluetooth information.
    Press the button "Updt PR" and watch the Bluetooth update beeing processed.
    (Source: Fixya.com, courtesy of SCMTito)

This did not work for me this weekend where it happened again, so I asked Google again and found this time the description of another "hidden button":

Turn the device off, turn it on again while pressing an hidden button in the upper left corner of the screen and hold it until you'll be asked if you want to enter Maintenance mode. You'll want to do that, so answer with "Yes" and choose Diagonse (or similar) on the menu.
    As above: You arrive at a diagnostics screen, press button "Next" until you reach the bluetooth information.
    Press the button "Updt PR" and watch the Bluetooth update beeing processed.
    (Source: GpsPasSion.com Forums, courtesy of hcornea)

This worked this time for me.
    And I'm somewhat courious what's the next easter-egg to re-activate my bluetooth in about a year... :)

PS: I'll can be reached for about four weeks from the time of this posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bifforod

oneanswer I owe you, the 2nd easter-egg did the trick. thanks a million. :):):)

Advertisement