Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Brewing Company

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I'd like to try it out, though I'll never be out Ardkeen way to buy some, hopefully some city centre and Tramore off licenses will sell it too.

Currently we're stocked in Ardkeen and World Wide Wines in the city, and The Vee and The Vic. in Tramore. Any new stockists will be up on our web site straight away, and any in the city I'll stick up here.
    Shams wrote: »
    do they have a web site?

www.dungarvanbrewingcompany.com We're on Facebook and twitter too.
    what percent is it?

Copper Coast and Black Rock are both 4.3%, Helvick Gold a little stronger at 4.9%
    jayboi wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the low down on the beers, Is there much difference with normal beers? if so what is it?

Jonnyfingers pretty much covered it. Helvick Gold is more bitter and more of a hop flavour.
    Copper Coast has a more caramel taste, and is easier going. A lot of lager drinkers have said how they didn't *think* they were ale fans, but liked this one.
    Black Rock is a good old fashioned bottle of stout.

All three are bottle conditioned, which means there is a little yeast in the bottle, which ferments in the bottle to give the beer it's carbonation (we don't add any gas) What this means is there will be a little bit of sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Store it upright, and pour it in one go and you will pour a clear pint and leave the yeast stuck to the bottom of the bottle. This is purely for aesthetics, of course, and a little yeast in the glass will just make the beer less clear. Also brewer's yeast is good for you!

As for hangovers, anything in excess isn't going to be good for you, but with no additives, or preservatives, unfiltered, unpasteurised, using just barley hops and water there are no chemicals thast can cloud the head the next day.
    Well of the three beers that Dungarvan do, two are ales and one is stout. So if you normally drink lager than they would be very different.

The "Copper Coast" is a red ale. It has a smooth texture and a slightly sweet, caramel taste in my opinion.

The "Helvick Gold" is a blonde ale and seems to have a more bitter taste than the other one, but is still very nice.

I have yet to taste the stout.

I'll have to buy more bottles to get a real feel for the taste of the beer though! (excuse to buy beer!)

Cheers jonny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

noby wrote: »
    Cheers jonny!

No problem. You can just send me a few free bottles for all the free publicity! :D

Advertisement