Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor, censorship

Options
  • 03-04-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭

I've attempted to post nearly half a dozen messages to meteors forum about the fact that android apps are not working on the htc hero - due to an issue that appears to be port-blocking.

Meteor refuse to post my comments. I am becoming utterly frustrated...

This is an issue that has been happening since I bought the phone & it has never worked correctly on the meteor network.

They have even sticky'd a post on their forum that claims the issue is solved, but have closed the thread so that no one can respond...

I attach a screenshot of my latest post (short & sweet, in response to posts)- it will probably never make it up...

Like I've said, I'm utterly frustrated with them - hence the short and bitter message...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jojojnr

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've attempted to post nearly half a dozen messages to meteors forum about the fact that android apps are not working on the htc hero - due to an issue that appears to be port-blocking.

Meteor refuse to post my comments. I am becoming utterly frustrated...

This is an issue that has been happening since I bought the phone & it has never worked correctly on the meteor network.

They have even sticky'd a post on their forum that claims the issue is solved, but have closed the thread so that no one can respond...

I attach a screenshot of my latest post (short & sweet, in response to posts)- it will probably never make it up...

Like I've said, I'm utterly frustrated with them - hence the short and bitter message...

You expect a company to post a comment that start with "Meteor are pathetic"....

Are you trying to get your problem fixed or have you another agenda.

Not sure the company I work for (not saying who) would post a comment on their website that says that are "pathetic". Interesting to know how many companies would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's not censorship because they are a private company they can decide what agendas are discussed in the public forum. They may well have decided that the discussion of your technical issues may cause confusion to less savvy customers.

I can understand your fustration and you rather than posting on the discussion board, it might be worth while finding some Meteor techie that you can engage with. The area of Android appsis very complex and there isn't the same quality standard that exists for Apple devices. An android app could work well on one phone model on one network and not on another. I'm sure Meteor would also appreciate your feedback if you can find the right person or people to deal with it.

Why not e-mail them and tell them you're a big app user and you have feedback to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

jojojnr wrote: »
    You expect a company to post a comment that start with "Meteor are pathetic"....

Are you trying to get your problem fixed or have you another agenda.

Not sure the company I work for (not saying who) would post a comment on their website that says that are "pathetic". Interesting to know how many companies would.

Like I said, this is the result of frustration. My previous posts were quite genial. I think I am just treading water with them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you followed it up with their techies rather than lambasting them on the Interent, my brother has a hero on meteor and he hasn't had any problems with apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Their site is a disgrace. Half my comments don't shop up on it either, it seems they pick and choose what they want to hear. It's stupid only running it from 9am - 5pm, they should have it 24hr and let the posts go through straight away, sure if any spam comes in during the night there is at least 3 administrators on that site daily, it's not as if they've that much to do just sitting there on their arses doing fuck all. Wasters.

If you want to solve a problem fast ring 1905, just maybe they'll help you. Only reason i'm sticking with Meteor is because all the friends are on it for the free calls/texts, other than that i'd be out the door - Sh!te customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

You get what you pay for if you ask me! There's a reason they're Irelands 3rd largest network!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

i think the guys that run that are watched closely by higher ups as to what can appear there. Their comments always seem to give that feeling, as if they are afraid to saw more then what they are told to say. As for customer care, its a tough job by any standards. You get paid to do your job, but with no incentive rewarding doing a good job (the case in meteor customer care) theres no reason to go out of your way to help the customer beyond their job describes them to do. A sad fact but it is a fact.

Advertisement