Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x11 "Space" [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Stones in good episode shocker
    That was probably my favourite episode so far! Kinda like the montage scenes at the end...

The trailer for next week's "Divided" looks like it coud be pretty epic...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Conor108 wrote: »
    That was probably my favourite episode so far! Kinda like the montage scenes at the end...

The trailer for next week's "Divided" looks like it coud be pretty epic...

wray is so annoying, whats she gonna do, atlantis had a clear chain of command, civilians were put in charge of the expedition, wray will not be incharge unless she has the support of earth, this sub-plot makes no sense, if wray does take command she will have to get rid of the military, and who will protect them then, this isnt a IOA mission of exploration, this is a mission of survival,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah doing the BSG mutiny.

Great - that was epic TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

at least the aliens are easy to kill but i like where there going with the show :D...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

noodler wrote: »
    Ah doing the BSG mutiny.

Great - that was epic TV.
    You mean the Mutiny. Its one of the oldest literary themese ever. BSG? Give it credit. It way predates that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Overheal wrote: »
    You mean the Mutiny. Its one of the oldest literary themese ever. BSG? Give it credit. It way predates that show.

It is. However having a gritty show, set in space, on a single ship, with a greater emphasis on characters less than a year after the hugely sucessful BSG finishes is no conicidence either.

Thanks for the grammatical correction anyway - I didn't realise it got a capital when "the" goes before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I really like that song! Alexi Murdochs's "Breath" from Air Part 3 is good too :)

And when they cut through Destiny, the hull seems REALLY thin. But thats probably for effect, it would look weird if a 1ish metre high circle fell through the roof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Some numbers are in for Space, heading back up in ratings.

*Episode name spoilers ahead*
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/05/stargate-universe-sgu-ratings-for-season-one-through-space/47480

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ixoy wrote: »
    Part of me's hoping there's more to this too. Perhaps the reason we didn't see Rush's capture is because there's something more to it, something we're not meant to know yet. Perhaps Rush reached some sort of understanding with the aliens?
    Agreed, Rush could have told them he could get them all the info on Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Overheal wrote: »
    It was something specific to that one alien anyway. As Young could not re-establish a connection.

Pretty sure there was a flashback scene where the alien handled a communication stone. It's one reason why he could not re-establish connection and why it was linked to that one alien.

Fullscreencapture06042010165604.jpg

Looks like a comms stone to me :)

Now, where did it come from is the question. As to it being their space
    I didn't see it but a friend said there was a "coming up in Universe" section just after the show that had a fleet of those ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I'm guessing because the guy she was talking about at the start, while talking behind eli with the kino on the monitor, said he didn't want to get in there;) (Yet!! because he didnt want things to get awkward if they broke up)

Fixed that for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mantel wrote: »
    Pretty sure there was a flashback scene where the alien handled a communication stone. It's one reason why he could not re-establish connection and why it was linked to that one alien.

Fullscreencapture06042010165604.jpg

Looks like a comms stone to me :)

Now, where did it come from is the question. As to it being their space
    I didn't see it but a friend said there was a "coming up in Universe" section just after the show that had a fleet of those ships.
    I thought thats what I saw! But it happened so fast I never got a clear look and forgot all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ba'al
    Finally it's back!

Now what would you do if you were stuck in an alien ship, somewhere in the universe and you hear a strange cutting sound? Would you stand behind the soldier with a gun or stand under the hole that the aliens have cut. I had a "Woohoo" moment when Miss Whiney was taken. Short lived however. If she hadn't been taken could they have "ran away"? Is destiny capable of this manually or do they have to wait till they can jump again?

I know there's a recession but I'm getting sick of the main characters, I want to see more of the secondary characters. Also I'm finding it very hard to remember the names of most of the characters and I'm finding it very hard to like many of them which is unusual for me/Stargate.

I can't believe Eli is reporting back everything to Young. he's supposed to be smart but showing Young the Kino video is just going to drive a bigger wedge between the scientists and military. Young knows that he is on shaky territory and he's obviously not in a stable state of mind. He could do something rash. I think camille should take over and make unbiased decisions to keep the Rush/Young camps at bay. They need someone level headed and not involved with either "leader".

I like the Young/Rush plot. I can't wait to see what other conflicts they'll have. If it wasn't for this I might have given up on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

wyrn wrote: »
    Finally it's back!

Now what would you do if you were stuck in an alien ship, somewhere in the universe and you hear a strange cutting sound? Would you stand behind the soldier with a gun or stand under the hole that the aliens have cut. I had a "Woohoo" moment when Miss Whiney was taken. Short lived however. If she hadn't been taken could they have "ran away"? Is destiny capable of this manually or do they have to wait till they can jump again?

I know there's a recession but I'm getting sick of the main characters, I want to see more of the secondary characters. Also I'm finding it very hard to remember the names of most of the characters and I'm finding it very hard to like many of them which is unusual for me/Stargate.

I can't believe Eli is reporting back everything to Young. he's supposed to be smart but showing Young the Kino video is just going to drive a bigger wedge between the scientists and military. Young knows that he is on shaky territory and he's obviously not in a stable state of mind. He could do something rash. I think camille should take over and make unbiased decisions to keep the Rush/Young camps at bay. They need someone level headed and not involved with either "leader".

I like the Young/Rush plot. I can't wait to see what other conflicts they'll have. If it wasn't for this I might have given up on the show.

wray has no leadership qualities whatsoever, she was a HR person with the IOA not exactly who you would picture in charge of such an expedition, sure she was in charge 2 seconds and allowed rush to do what he pleased, young knows rush is holding something back, so therefore knows he cant be trusted to have free reign, and hes probably right,

the military are trained for survival, even if they do bully the scientists around at least the scientist know there safe,

mutiny only works one way, one group stays, the other leaves,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ba'al
    True I don't think Wray is the best however out of that lot she's the only would who could reasonable take over. She's too shaky. She needed to be a hard nosed biddy that cannot be pushed around. I think the fact that she's siding with Rush makes her unsuitable.

To be honest I'd love to see some secondary character get the gig, someone who just happened to end up on Destiny. It's such a pity Shooter McGavin isn't around, he'd do. I would have said Chloe but she's too young, emotional and would be influenced by the young looking solider she's with.

They need somebody who could knock Young and Rush back into place and take into account the best for Destiny and it's crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Ba'al
    wyrn wrote: »
    True I don't think Wray is the best however out of that lot she's the only would who could reasonable take over. She's too shaky. She needed to be a hard nosed biddy that cannot be pushed around. I think the fact that she's siding with Rush makes her unsuitable.

To be honest I'd love to see some secondary character get the gig, someone who just happened to end up on Destiny. It's such a pity Shooter McGavin isn't around, he'd do. I would have said Chloe but she's too young, emotional and would be influenced by the young looking solider she's with.

They need somebody who could knock Young and Rush back into place and take into account the best for Destiny and it's crew.

Greer would be the best leader. Not afraid to shoot someone to save their live, was willing to put his own life at risk and sit in the chair. Good strong character who most of the crew would we intimadated by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Didn't really think this episode was that good.
    I especially didn't like the song and camera panning past different characters at the end. THey've done that before - seems like its becoming their 'thing'. Come already its boring filler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭FGR

I laughed at how they didn't believe Young after mentioning he had seen an alien.

What about the Asgard? Little grey men who didn't even wear clothes..

And the shock at these aliens speaking English even though all species did in the Milky Way ;)!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Young starts smashing on the window to get Rush out - I can't have been the only one thinking 'er, how do you even know if the atmosphere on the ship is breathable? He's in water with breathing apparatus after all...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Young starts smashing on the window to get Rush out - I can't have been the only one thinking 'er, how do you even know if the atmosphere on the ship is breathable? He's in water with breathing apparatus after all...'

do you thing Young cared all that much about Rush's safety ?
    Eh.......I'm gonna go with....no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Im being an epic nerd here but they did change the design of the shuttle from the first part of the season..just a little..

Advertisement