Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANK BUILDER

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PW-E and Hugh Taylor at 10.30, so a double whammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

man i am ****in sick,,,i jsut sat down from my lunch at 13.29 and by the time i got them all into my list it wouldnt let me select Methaaly:( i could cry but very good call :eek:

Bump

A new series of Saturday only (?) BBs starts today in association with www.onthenose.com

8 selections though (4 from OTN and 4 from PB) which means quite a lot of mulitples and a bit of luck required for a decent pay out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

This looks like it'd be the most confusing betslip ever. I'll need about an hour just to think about this.

8 selections
    56 trebles…..10p = £5.60
    70 fourfolds 5p =£3.50
    56 fivefolds….2p =£1.12p
    28 sixfolds……2p=£0.56p
    8 sevenfolds…2p= £0.16p
    1 eightfold accumulator @6p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

The first bet is posted

You could do 2 Lucky 15's or combine all 8 as suggested.

• Advertisement

Actually an easy enough bet to do. Just a word of warning to PP users - they have minumums on sevenfolds/eightfolds and so the price jumps up if you want to stick with them. Not sure if the limit holds for other bookies. I'll have a look now.

Dropped two picks and did a fivefolds, trebles, heinze, accu for 2.20 euro potential return of about 34 grand :)

GOODWOOD 5:25 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 1f
    Peponi @ 6.00 (GP) unplaced

GOODWOOD 4:50 NURSEY STAKES 6f
    Eucharist @ 3.50 (GP) win

GALWAY 4:00 HANDICAP (3YO+) 7f
    Toufan Express @ 9.00 (GP) win

NEWMARKET 2:45 HANDICAP 7f
    Tesslam @ 8.00 (GP) placed

NEWMARKET 2:10 FILLIES NURSERY 6f
    Masaya @ 9.00 (GP) placed

GOODWOOD 1:55 BINGO HANDICAP 1m 3f
    Finest Reserve @ 11.00 (GP) unplaced

I like these bets. Seems a good way to avoid overspend but just out of interest what kind of 'hit ratio' do they have? I've never actually heard of anyone pulling these off except some isolated cases such as at the start of the thread. Though I do love the idea of betting widely but spending only 2-3e.

scopper wrote: »
    Actually an easy enough bet to do. Just a word of warning to PP users - they have minumums on sevenfolds/eightfolds and so the price jumps up if you want to stick with them. Not sure if the limit holds for other bookies. I'll have a look now.

Betfair is best. You can do 2p accums.

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Betfair is best. You can do 2p accums.

Thanks! I also noticed Betpack works for those who use that.

From reading the thread it seems there has only been one major success. I suspect we would be insanely lucky to hit that kind of money again but I do like your system because it minamizes one's exposure and keeps the 'buzz' going because you can follow races widely. I'll certainly follow these bets as they come along. :)

• Advertisement

scopper wrote: »
    Thanks! I also noticed Betpack works for those who use that.

From reading the thread it seems there has only been one major success. I suspect we would be insanely lucky to hit that kind of money again but I do like your system because it minamizes one's exposure and keeps the 'buzz' going because you can follow races widely. I'll certainly follow these bets as they come along. :)

Its a fun bet really where you can hit a big one if you get lucky. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

i dont see the list for todays races on that link only up to last weeks??:confused:

Same here they are not up and the first onthenose pick is at Newmarket 2.45,

Saturday Bankbuilder is up............. I hope.

Advertisement