Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipie Help Pleasse?! Oatmeal Flas Gluten Free Health Cookies

Options
  • 03-04-2010 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Help needed!

I have come across really healthy, tasty and filling health cookies in a bakery in Stillorgan. The lady is charging 1.95 per cookie so day light robbery!

She said they are gluten / wheat free and all that is in them is oatmeal, flax, peanut butter and honey.

Any suggestions / ideas on how I can try to make these would be most welcome.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Help needed!

I have come across really healthy, tasty and filling health cookies in a bakery in Stillorgan. The lady is charging 1.95 per cookie so day light robbery!

She said they are gluten / wheat free and all that is in them is oatmeal, flax, peanut butter and honey.

Any suggestions / ideas on how I can try to make these would be most welcome.

Thanks so much!

Are they crispy or chewy?? Can you explain the texture?? Surprised there is no egg - I am intrigued!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I haven't tried this recipe before, I'm just basing it off a similar recipe, so I don't know if it works. Use at your own risk:
    • 200g oatmeal flour
    • 50g flax
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 100g honey
    • 100g smooth peanut butter
    Mix everything together, and drop off oiled tablespoons (it's easier) onto greased baking sheets, well spaced apart. Bake @ 190c for 8-12 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chicago Girl

Hi there sorry for the delayed response. Hard to describe, the cookies are more chewy than crispy - very firm / hard if that makes sense. The recipe just posted looks great and certain I will try it. Thanks so much. Will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement