Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you psychic? Want to find out?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 2:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Other forums run competitions, and I thought it might be a fun idea to try one here too. I use the word competiton loosely, its more of a test. There may not be a prize, and really there arent any winners or losers.

I want to guage the level of interest there would be in running something here.

What I had in mind maybe, was that I create a file on my computer containing information about a well known or infamous person. Someone who has been in the public eye enough to end up on wikipedia, if you know what I mean? This person would have had lots of interesting things happen in their life, and naturally would now be dead. :) All I would give on this thread is the name of the file or something equally random. (Psychic ability shouldnt be hampered by something like that)

The idea would be that you post your own thoughts on this person, looks, lifestyle events, dates, anything at all that comes to mind. We could see what level of accuracy we might get. There would be no comeback for being wrong, just a laugh at seeing what may or may not come up.

If anyone has an interest in taking part, could you respond here? Its just for fun really, open to psychics, non psychics, skeptics, the lot. Thoughts on the test itself are also welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Ya, sure I'll have a lash at it for the craic. I like a challenge. :D

dodgeball_203_203x152.jpgdodgeball.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds intresting just no picking Katie Price/Jordan please.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Sounds intresting just no picking Katie Price/Jordan please.

I wouldnt dare. Itll be someone with a bit more substance than that. :)

Edit.. Plus shes not dead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

oh id love to take part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

sounds like fun, i'd give it a go for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

ah sure go on then, for a bit o fun...

Right, I'm going to throw in a couple of guesses for whom the mystery person might be.

1. Is it Susan Sarandon?

2. Is it Marie Curie?

I'm not sure how all of this is supposed to work, or if the above is the sort of required response. :confused:

Ah well, f*ck it. :cool:

1. Is it Susan Sarandon?

Sugar. Scratch that, seeing as she 'ain't dead yet.

Just her relationship with Tim Robbins. :P :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Oryx wrote: »

Only from the neck up :pac:

although she's clever enough to make her millions

Yeah , I'll have a bash to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Right, I'm going to throw in a couple of guesses for whom the mystery person might be.

1. Is it Susan Sarandon?

2. Is it Marie Curie?

I'm not sure how all of this is supposed to work, or if the above is the sort of required response. :confused:

Ah well, f*ck it. :cool:
    The person is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's Meryl Streep

Edit : Now I thinks its Jane Goodall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Why give hints?

This seems a bit more "20 questions" than a psychic test.

Why a well known or infamous person as opposed to an obscure one? The former would just lend itself to lucky guesses.

Oryx, Have we started yet?
    :o

I hadnt but I guess some have so lets go.. Just to keep this as described Ill put this persons details in a file called 'psychic' tomorrow. I already know who it is. :)
    The reason I pick someone with a public history is so that the details are already well known and can be verified, and arent just my say so. It also means its someone with a life thats not just mundane everyday stuff, so more interesting for the purpose of the game. :)
    Everything we do could be subject to guesses, I still think itll be good if a guess is spot on.
    I dont want this to be just throwing out names. To take part, describe the person you think this is without a name. Male or female? Young or old when they passed? Tragic or happy life? Good or bad? What makes their life story unique? And anything else you want. Only give a name last, if you think you know who it is. Ill give no hints, and I wont confirm or dismiss anything till we are done, apart from saying this person is dead. :) Lets give it a week from today for anyone who wants to submit to have a go.

Hope thats ok, so lets go :)

I dont want this to be just throwing out names. To take part, describe the person you think this is without a name. Male or female? Young or old when they passed? Tragic or happy life? Good or bad? What makes their life story unique? And anything else you want. Only give a name last, if you think you know who it is. Ill give no hints, and I wont confirm or dismiss anything till we are done, apart from saying this person is dead. :) Lets give it a week from today for anyone who wants to submit to have a go.
    aOryx wrote: »

;)

I won't be participating, but I'll be watching the thread.

@ Herbal Deity. Your confusing my posts. The she above referred to Katie Price, who, as a living person, is not the subject of this test. :D

I promise you Ive not given anything away.

Ah, I got confused :p

Do ignore me :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    The person is dead.

Thanks, but you're a bit late with your assistance as I realised my mistake shortly after I posted the Susan Sarandon guess. Read back and you'll see...

:rolleyes:

Marie Curie is very much dead, btw.

Okay, I'm going to try throwing around some statements, whether they're on-target or not...

- The person is male.

- May have been American and had Irish connections, or there was some sort of link between the two countries via his work.

- Connection to politics or acting.

- Might have been one to sport a beard or some sort of facial hair.

- Had fair hair and blue eyes.

- His death was connected to either an airplane, car, or motorbike.

- He was a smoker. May have been pictured smoking cigars. His smoking habits may have been part of his 'image'.

- He died before the age of 40.

- He played basketball at some point in his youth.

- He was usually a smart dresser.

- He was close to his mother when he was alive, but she possibly died when he was a young fella.

- This man was slightly taller than average (about 5' 10") and had a medium build.

- He dated a couple of well-known women who worked in the field of entertainment.

That's all I can think of spewing out at the moment. :)

• Advertisement

has the file been posted yet or a i loosing my plot? are we meant to just start guessing?

lol,me dumb dumb, just copped on, hee hee
    will get guessing

I will have this person on my mind, and if anyone needs something like a visual hook or trigger to work we can figure something out. But perhaps just use the post above and answer the questions about the person. Dont try to guess. Just put down whatever your gut feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

male
    died middle age
    politics
    famous not for good things

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Male
    Not Irish
    Died in his 40's
    Cause of death was not natural causes

female
    died at a good age
    lived a very deep life, helped people
    was in the spotlight for her views and unconventional way of thinking
    a percentage of people thought she was nuts
    reached many peoples hearts in different countries
    was married with kids
    something to do with art or writing
    image of a red car related to her or her family
    enjoyed gardening and either she planted trees or a tree was planted in her memory
    blonde haired in her youth
    had weight issues towards the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

It's Hitler

Male, American, died mid life, traumatic death, politics, iconic both his words and image.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

ronald regan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I am 100% serious. This name popped into my head.
    Shirley Temple (the real one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shenoah

oooh FUN.... but will giv it a bash for the laugh
    Male, grey hair, wearing a blue shirt with white t-shirt underneath
    thin build
    artistic like an author or writer of some kind, he's sitting at his desk.
    glasses
    maybe the name neil

Advertisement