Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you psychic? Want to find out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

michael collins

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Right Im gonna wind this up now, thank you to everyone who put in a reply.

Noone got it right, but a few got some details, even though in the main they were the more general type of information.

The person was male, and american, and died aged 52. His name was John Wayne Gacy, he was a notorious serial killer who was executed by lethal injection. He had a troubled upbringing, was close to his mother, was not sporty (was called a sissy). Someone saw him in a blue shirt with a white teeshirt, which to me is generic prison uniform! wikipedia has a good page on him if you want to check it against the information you gave.

Sometimes during an experiment like this you will hold back information because it seems ott or ridiculous, when you see it was right it can make you go doh! For instance JWG used to work as a party entertainer part time, dressed as a clown.

Most people chose a man, but someone mentioned Marie Curie initially, she was one of the people I was thinking of using. karynp's female and Shirley Temple I dont know about. Karyn's could have had some aspects of me (Im such a saint, yeah) but thats if Im grasping for a hit really.

But thanks again for giving it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Oryx wrote: »
    The person was male, and american, and died aged 52. His name was John Wayne Gacy, he was a notorious serial killer who was executed by lethal injection. He had a troubled upbringing, was close to his mother, was not sporty (was called a sissy). Someone saw him in a blue shirt with a white teeshirt, which to me is generic prison uniform! wikipedia has a good page on him if you want to check it against the information you gave.

I read a book about that langer a few years ago. He was some sick, brutal bastard. The things he did to young fellas were unsettling, and I'm someone who usually has a strong tolerance for horror, blood and gore.
    For instance JWG used to work as a party entertainer part time, dressed as a clown.

Yeah, I think he actually threatened a little girl and made her cry when he was performing his clown act at a party once. He freaked the crap out of her. He was very Jekyll and Hyde. Unbelievably messed up in the head.
    Most people chose a man, but someone mentioned Marie Curie initially, she was one of the people I was thinking of using.

Yeah, I mentioned her first when I was guessing Susan Sarandon as well, before I changed it all when I realised I had to pick a dead person. :rolleyes:

Sure it was a bit of fun anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Anyone want to go again !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

hee hee, that was a laugh alright.
    when i gave my guess i had been doing a little sketching earlier in the day, i think i may have given info on the lady i sketched,lol
    tried to attach it but cant do it...how do i??

ah we should try it again anyway.

• Advertisement

I can set this up again no problem. :) Id like to make it slightly different in some way, so Ill put on my thinking cap overnight and maybe give a suggestion for something in the mornin.

Id like to have a psychic exercise like the one above, but with a visual trigger that you can all use to help connect. Unfortunately a photo of a landmark or something connected to the person would just give the game away. Im still working on it and will put something together for early next week if ye're still game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

can one develope this psychic ability, i am interested in this
    what to look for

In a development group, exercises like this are used all the time. So it is a good way to start. If you want to ask a bit more, maybe start a new thread for information on what to do?

karynp wrote: »
    when i gave my guess i had been doing a little sketching earlier in the day, i think i may have given info on the lady i sketched,lol
    tried to attach it but cant do it...how do i??

If you have a scanner, you could put the drawing in there, press the scan button and save the image scan on your computer. Then upload the 'photo'/scan to your boards account photo album. When it's been uploaded, open the picture and copy the URL of it. Then write your post and click on the little yellow and grey icon (it looks like a pyramid with a sun overhead) - 'Insert image' - and paste the URL you had copied into the little field that appears.

You could also just take a photograph of the sketch if you have a digital camera and then upload the photo of it to your computer and do the same as above. :)

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    can one develop this psychic ability, i am interested in this
    what to look for

I suppose one straightforward way would be to trust your instincts as you go about your day-to-day business. This would also encompass listening to your bodily instincts and just getting enough exercise, rest and eating well. I'm no expert on any of this, but I imagine it'd be difficult to perceive anything 'psychically' if you were very far removed from everything around you and you weren't in peak physical shape.

A lot of people like to meditate and/or pray. I suppose meditation shouldn't have to be the highfalutin sh*te you see portrayed on TV, where some dopey ding dong in a kaftan is cross-legged on a gaudy-looking rug like the feckin' Maharishi and chanting gobbledeegook amidst a thick fog of bronchial tube-compromising incense.

You could just sit down in a comfortable chair, or lie down, somewhere quiet for a half an hour and listen to whatever music you find relaxing with your eyes closed and a focus on your breathing. It shouldn't be an elaborate, OTT affair. Whatever feels comfortable to you will work best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I am 100% serious. This name popped into my head.
    Shirley Temple (the real one)

I thought I was getting help with this from a passed family member. Maybe they gave me a bum steer for the laugh.

Advertisement