Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Coke in Tesco

Options
  • 03-04-2010 2:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the thread title, Cherry Coke was in Tesco Dundalk today. Only 500ml, not 2L bottles, and not available in diet.

Hopefully Vanilla coke makes an appearance soon too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Hopefully Vanilla coke makes an appearance soon too.
    Unlikely, as much as I'd like it too! Cherry Coke is available all over the UK, but not Vanilla Coke, probably just an expansion into Ireland of the same flavours as the UK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You can also get Cherry Coke in the bigger Boots stores.
    It's yum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mother of god, this is epic news! Off to tesco to clean them out. Love cherry coke, and vanilla. And Dr Pepper. Yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Love Cherrycoke, hence the username :D Yeah, the bigger Boots stores stock in in the 500ml size, and also Superdrug.. that's where I stock up ;)

Very handy if Tesco are stocking it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

and to let it be known again i bought my first 2 cans today of cherry coke at the spar service station on the malahide road.. Jooooooooy!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

is it in limerick??????? was in tesco this morning will kick myself if i missed it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I posted this thread last April. I haven't seen Cherry Coke in Tesco now in ages! It must have been only a temporary thing - what a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw a new own brand tesco diet cola, think it had almond flavouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

If anyone in Galway is looking for it, they have Cherry Coke in Joyces in Knocknacara.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

rubadub wrote: »
    I saw a new own brand tesco diet cola, think it had almond flavouring.

That sounds horrible. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

must get a petition going to bring back Vanilla Coke!! Loved the stuff... ps if there are any fellow alcos out there Captain Morgan and Coke tastes a lot like Vanilla Coke... yum yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

janeybabe wrote: »
    That sounds horrible. :eek:
    Sounds better than cherry to me!

Tesco are very open about ingredients, even have it listed on most booze. On their premium standard cola it says
    Carbonated Water,Sugar ,Malted Barley Extract , Fruit And Vegetable Extract (Apple, Carrot, Hibiscus) ,Phosphoric Acid , Natural Flavouring (including Caffeine)

A mate of mine reckons he can taste carrots in normal coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't like Cherry Coke either. Or Vanilla. But I'm trying to find Cherry Coke Zero for someone.

I always told my mother that Coke had vegetables in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I adored vanilla coke (especially for coke floats with vanilla ice cream) and I was devestated when it was nowhere to be seen...so I just put a teeny tiny drop of vanilla essence into regular coke which does the trick when i've a craving. Fingers crossed it'll make a comeback!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I adored vanilla coke (especially for coke floats with vanilla ice cream) and I was devestated when it was nowhere to be seen...so I just put a teeny tiny drop of vanilla essence into regular coke which does the trick when i've a craving. Fingers crossed it'll make a comeback!

Similarly Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum mixed with Coke gives a similar taste to Vanilla Coke, but it isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Similarly Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum mixed with Coke gives a similar taste to Vanilla Coke, but it isn't the same.

It isn't really an everyday drink is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I'd love to taste vanilla coke again, because I know that memories of 2004 will come flooding back!

It really is the only fizzy drink I have ever tasted that is nicer than regular coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

caspa307 wrote: »
    is it in limerick??????? was in tesco this morning will kick myself if i missed it

No joy at Tesco in coonagh cross. Hoping to try the crescent later.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

I've seen it in several Tescos in the Dublin area recently.

Advertisement