Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Septic tank and leach field renewal

• 03-04-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice on this subject as i have to renew my tank and set out a new leach field.
    Current tank is old and leaking. I can get a new tank dropped in to a hole next to the existing one which makes connection to the house easy.
    The current leach field i think is then a few metres away in what was a field but is being turned into part of the lawn of the existing garden.
    I know i cannot relay a leach field in the existing area and plan to run a pipe for the settled water effluent from the tank much further down the field we own so it is in fresh soil. My question is is there a limit to the distance from the settling tank i can take the effluent to the leach field?
    I don't want to move the whole tank system further away from the house as it will be prone to blocking. Modern toilets use too little water for these old sewage systems. A long length of pipe will not get flushed enough.
    I guess the pipe will need to run 30 - 40 metres from the septic tank to the proposed percolation area.

I know i will need a percolation test done but looking for guidance on the pipe distance first.

Many thanks

Advertisement