Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year arts timetable??

• 03-04-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Dia Dhaoibh,
    Ive applied for arts in Ucc this year and i am trying to locate a rough timetable of my classes. Is there anyone in in 1st yr. arts doing the following subjects: Irish, Celtic Civilization, Religions and Global Diversity, and An Leann Duchais, (or doing some of those subjects) and could you post a rough timetable? not sure if its different every year, or the timetables are the same each year? Mil buiochos:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Dia Dhaoibh,
    Ive applied for arts in Ucc this year and i am trying to locate a rough timetable of my classes. Is there anyone in in 1st yr. arts doing the following subjects: Irish, Celtic Civilization, Religions and Global Diversity, and An Leann Duchais, (or doing some of those subjects) and could you post a rough timetable? not sure if its different every year, or the timetables are the same each year? Mil buiochos:)

Check out timetable.ucc.ie
    It doesn't have tutorials on it, but it has the lecture timetables so that will give you a good idea of the hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Muireann NiCh

thanks a mill....that was a great help:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Question for Arts students or just anyone who would know.. this could be a really stupid question so sorry!

OK so when I pick my subjects we will say Geography is one for example.. on the UCC website there is a "book of modules" do I pick a number of these topics? Do I do all of the topics? or in 1st year is it just a general introduction to the subject?

Basicly what I am asking is, what is the "book of modules"!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

cork*girl wrote: »
    Question for Arts students or just anyone who would know.. this could be a really stupid question so sorry!

OK so when I pick my subjects we will say Geography is one for example.. on the UCC website there is a "book of modules" do I pick a number of these topics? Do I do all of the topics? or in 1st year is it just a general introduction to the subject?

I don't do arts, so I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you pick your subjects, and you have no choice on what modules you do. (Modules are the "classes" you go to within the subject).
    The book of modules is just a list of all the modules that the college offers. It gives you some fairly basic information about the module.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Jay P wrote: »
    I don't do arts, so I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you pick your subjects, and you have no choice on what modules you do. (Modules are the "classes" you go to within the subject).
    The book of modules is just a list of all the modules that the college offers. It gives you some fairly basic information about the module.

In second year, the book of modules is much more relevant than in first year becasue there is usually no choices in what classes you pick in the majority of first year subjects. I wouldn't really worry about the book of modules much cork*girl, as it wont really apply to you until second year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

In second year, the book of modules is much more relevant than in first year becasue there is usually no choices in what classes you pick in the majority of first year subjects. I wouldn't really worry about the book of modules much cork*girl, as it wont really apply to you until second year!

thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

cork*girl wrote: »

No such thing as a stupid question!

In 1st year it's pretty rigid so you're sometimes given the subject and its modules. The Book of Modules will matter more in certain subjects like History for example where you've to choose between four (I think) modules in the 2nd semester. Have a look at it if you want but the content isn't hugely relevant for 1st years. In 2nd it's pretty important!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jgjm

is an leann duchais hard?
    its through irish ..
    im not fluent
    is it easy????
    i will be studying irish anyways

Advertisement