Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research Topic

• 03-04-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

What's the layout/structure of this? I havn't started mine yet!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

YungJoshy wrote: »
    What's the layout/structure of this? I havn't started mine yet!!
    Do a search in this forum (history research project) and it'd most likely be exaplined in there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.templehistory.dna.ie/research_topic.htm

It's due in April 30th.

Are you doing History outside school?
    I'm astonished your teacher has not got you at least started on it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

spurious wrote: »
    http://www.templehistory.dna.ie/research_topic.htm

It's due in April 30th.

Are you doing History outside school?
    I'm astonished your teacher has not got you at least started on it by now.

My teacher is the worst History teacher ever. Sound guy, but such a **** teacher. I know alot of students blame there teachers but this one is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I remember people needing to have drafts of a nearly finished product in in like October in my old school.

That said, there's always a last minute rush for a few people to get it done. Seriously, do as much as you humanly can next week.

There's no need to panic! My teacher last year was in his last year before retiring and didn't have a clue about the projects. With that in mind, I completed my project over one sunday and got 100%. I basically just read the short cuts to success revision book. It has 30+ pages dedicated to the research project. So if you can buy that, do!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I have mine done and dusted if that's any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

You'd best get cracking, just to get it out of the way. You can have it done in a matter of hours, seriously!

The amount of stress that lifts when you have it off your shoulders is immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 respectyourbus

Hey, just wondering how ye choose yer topics, i'm having trouble finding sources on my topic other then long winded academic books. Is it best to just choose an interesting topic and then search for sources on it, or look at the source potential of some topics and choose the one that will be the easiest?.......:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Choose one you have an interest in - it will destroy you otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Hey, just wondering how ye choose yer topics, i'm having trouble finding sources on my topic other then long winded academic books. Is it best to just choose an interesting topic and then search for sources on it, or look at the source potential of some topics and choose the one that will be the easiest?.......

Pick a relatively broad topic - make sure it's something your interested in and you'll have more sources if you pick a topic/event from Modern Ireland history.

Draw mind maps of the event/topic/subject. In my case, I had narrowed it down to an aspect of the War of Independence, then I narrowed it down to a choice between the First Dáil and the shootings at Soloheadbeg. I then decided to choose Soloheadbeg based on a few Google Searches. Then I narrowed it down to "Public Reaction in the aftermath of the shootings at Soloheadbeg".

From there, I searched thoroughly on Google, and I went to my local library and gathered books that discussed the operations of the IRA, but it was only when I went to the county library that I found any fulfilling information at all. In total, I have found about six books that have been very helpful to me, and maybe only five or six pages from each book, but it all adds up, and remember, there are sources on every single thing you could possibly imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 katieessene

I get stressed really easily and so, I really want to get started on my project now, before it's due in November! Problem is, I'm yet to pick a title...

I really want to do something music related like:

Kurt Cobain's influence on music in the 90's
    OR
    Bob Dylan's impact on American society in the 60's
    OR
    Elvis Presley. The big daddy of Rock & Roll?
    OR
    Beatlemania

But, I don't know if these are good/realistic options.

I'm in dire need of help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Of those, I'd do Beatlemania. More to write about, I suspect.

Another thing you might want to consider could be Andy Warhol & The Factory, as there's some interesting music related stuff in there (Dylan, the Velvet Underground etc) as well as a lot else to talk about.

I was boring, I did Lincoln. My project was great though, as there was lots to write about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I get stressed really easily and so, I really want to get started on my project now, before it's due in November! Problem is, I'm yet to pick a title...

OR
    OR
    OR
    Beatlemania

Friend of mine did it on the The Beatles Seargent pepper or something.. :confused:

As for Curt Cobain I'm not so sure you could do that because you only have a certain scope regarding the years..

I did mine on Al Capone

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

OR
    OR
    OR
    Beatlemania

My Bf (in the institute) wanted to do his on music but his teacher told him to pick a different one. Not putting you off, just warning you. You should probably get in contact with some sort of history teacher before you start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

it's due way after November!

Oh, while I'm here... If I repeat my LC, am I allowed to change around the words in the topic a little or do I have to do a totally different topic? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

!!! wrote: »
    it's due way after November!

Oh, while I'm here... If I repeat my LC, am I allowed to change around the words in the topic a little or do I have to do a totally different topic? :(
    You need a new one, or so some guys in our school were told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh djdjjd

(stops taking over thread)

Thanks.

You need a new one, or so some guys in our school were told.
    No you don't. Well, officially you do but...they've no way of knowing if you're doing the same one. They don't take down the name of your project or whatever. I kept the same project this year, same name etc.

Advertisement