Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor bill pay lite €30 a month.. advice needed!!

Options
  • 03-04-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

I hope someone hasn't put something like this up before but i'mlooking for some advice. all will be graefully accepted.
    Basically i'm on the metor website and am one of the old skool ex-college crew who still uses the 20 euro top, free meteor to meteor calls/txts, which for a time was handy. however now i'm making **** loads of calls to people using other networks/landline etc... i hardly ever really go on the net on the phone apart from wen i'm unconsciensly roaming it wen im out on a night out and i dont even know that the wap is on....
    my question is the bill pay lite good value.. i've never been remotely near having a bill, i basically have no idea wats being sold to me. as in will the meteor rep say " as sure its all good your can phone away to your hearts desire to all networks and you still have your free meteor calls/txts", to then discover wen pat the postman drops in a bill that i'll have to remorgage my ma's house to pay the bill because i've used up my 200 free minutes with the free meteor to meteor phone calls.... will my meteor to meteor calls be included on my minutes? will have have 200 free mins to use on landlines and other networks exclusively?
    all help appreciated and sorry for my little rant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You get unlimited calls and texts to other Meteor customers.
    Anything that is not covered by this is then deducted from your 200 minutes and 200 texts ie. calls and texts to other networks.
    Be very wary about data on bill as it can end up horrendously expensive without a bundle. A quick five minute browsing session could easily run up a bill of €10 upwards. Going online by mistake can also cost you a bomb. For an additional €5 you can get 250MB of data which will be more than enough for light browsing, e-mail, quick check on boards or facebook mobile etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Unless all your friends are on meteor it's not the best plan (but it's not bad), I don't buy the bull when people say all my friends are on X,Y,Z.
    If you going bill pay you want the most amount of minutes to any network possible for your money.
    Work out how much you would like to spend per month and see who gives you the most any network minutes for that amount. Buy a bill phone any other way and postman pat will be dropping you that bill your dreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Unless all your friends are on meteor it's not the best plan (but it's not bad), I don't buy the bull when people say all my friends are on X,Y,Z.
    If you going bill pay you want the most amount of minutes to any network possible for your money.
    Work out how much you would like to spend per month and see who gives you the most any network minutes for that amount. Buy a bill phone any other way and postman pat will be dropping you that bill your dreading.

Thats the best advice! Check out what O2 and Vodafone have to offer for what you'd like to budget your monthly bill at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TradMick84

thanks a mill for all the advice... it's appreciated greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I think its a good package, I havent looked at vodafone but o2 have nothing to compete with meteor bill pay lite.. like not even close.

I prefer o2's webtext setup by a mile but the fact that you have to pay for voicemail negated that. Went with meteor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement