Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Revision Book

Options
  • 03-04-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Split between Revise Wise and the Exam Edge one. HL, Any recommendations? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

The Exam Edge one isn't really a revision book just a load of questions taken from the past LC higher or ordinary level with explained and graded solutions. I'd go with that and the text book, I find it pretty good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What's the difference between Exam Edge, and the marking schemes available online? Apart from how they are layed out obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

What's the difference between Exam Edge, and the marking schemes available online? Apart from how they are layed out obviously.

It goes through every definition and gives a brief overview of each chapter and has solutions to past papers and also possible questions that can come up. It is a handy book to have once you finish the text book. In my opinion Exam Edge is better than the marking schemes online because it actually explains where they got the answers rather than just listing the key points needed to get the marks. It's also based on the text book Real World Physics so it's easy to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

It goes through every definition and gives a brief overview of each chapter and has solutions to past papers and also possible questions that can come up. It is a handy book to have once you finish the text book. In my opinion Exam Edge is better than the marking schemes online because it actually explains where they got the answers rather than just listing the key points needed to get the marks. It's also based on the text book Real World Physics so it's easy to follow.

This. It's handy to have it broken into relevant chapters, I like to study the chapter in the book, then do the questions in the Exam Edge. In the end when i've everything revised i'll probably just do the papers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I have both Revise Wise and Exam Edge and Exam Edge is by far the better revision book, especially because it's written by Dan O'Regan the same guy who wrote Real World Physics and it goes through every definition and it includes some sample answers from the papers in the section that are relevant to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Both the Revise Wise and More Stress Less Success books are appalling. The best book you can use is the past papers. Just use the past papers and learn off the yellow boxes in the textbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

^where did less stress come from? o_O

Get exam edge. It's great for studying when you study physics chapter by chapter. However, you would need the marking schemes too as the weakness to being laid out chapter by chapter is that a exam question you are doing might be spread across several chapters. For example the 2009 mechanics question (Especially the calculation) is all over the place because it incorporated so much and I still can't find all the parts myself. Nonetheless, it's great. As validusername said, it explains the reason behind the answers that might not be in the textbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

H2student wrote: »
    ^where did less stress come from? o_O

Get exam edge. It's great for studying when you study physics chapter by chapter. However, you would need the marking schemes too as the weakness to being laid out chapter by chapter is that a exam question you are doing might be spread across several chapters. For example the 2009 mechanics question (Especially the calculation) is all over the place because it incorporated so much and I still can't find all the parts myself. Nonetheless, it's great. As validusername said, it explains the reason behind the answers that might not be in the textbook.

I just mentioned it because it sucks.

Advertisement