Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in cobh

Options
  • 03-04-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

lads heading to cobh on monday for couple of days anyone know any good marks for a bit of shore fishing.
    looking to have a go at some bass or is there anything else worth having a go at this time of year.
    Whats the best baits etc.
    Any info would be great
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'm not sure how well the places are fishing at the moment but...

- Right in the middle of Cobh there is the deep water quay (behind the train station) which is handy for Cod, Whiting and Conger. Plenty of other species there too.

- Head across on the river ferry to Monkstown for more Cod and Whiting, either off the wall, pier or carpark (they'll be obvious when your there and there will be other anglers there too)

- You're within a comfortable commute to Youghal and plenty of other east cork locations for bass fishing in the surf.

- You could also head out the harbour to roches point where bass are a possibility.

Let us now how you get on and enjoy your stay in the real capital ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

thanks for that seafield will give it a go and let you know how i get on.
    I done a bit of conger fishing in cobh a few years ago and we got some crackers at the pier where the prison boat used to go from might give that a go again if i can sort out that set up

Advertisement