Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forestry grant

• 03-04-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

i was thinking of sowing 6 acres of broadleaf trees the plan would be to use the thinnings for firewood. any advice on what would be a fast grower and a good burning timber ???
    is there any grants left for planting?? (we are in reps)
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 barbersfort

yep, you'll be able to qualify for higher forestry premiums if you're in REPS and yes, they are still available (This is called FEPS).

Premiums (tax free) were cut by 10% last year but you'll be able to get the trees planted free (inc. fencing etc) and on-going maintenance for first 5 years. You could do this yourself if you like and just draw down the 2 stage grant.

Info can be found here:

http://www.teagasc.ie/forestry/financial_info/

Ive planted Ash and Oak plus other b-leafs for boundary trees; I think silver birch are pretty fast growing

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

rooney32 wrote: »
    i was thinking of sowing 6 acres of broadleaf trees the plan would be to use the thinnings for firewood. any advice on what would be a fast grower and a good burning timber ???
    is there any grants left for planting?? (we are in reps)
    thanks
    Hi Rooney32,have you succeeded in planting?im in a similar situation as you,but dont have reps's or herd number!

Advertisement