Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you need to write for Irish paper 2 questions?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm always confused about how much to write on Irish paper 2! How much would you need to write for a 25 mark question on prose? How much for a 40 mark question on An Triail? How much for a 15 mark question on poetry?

I'd prefer if you could tell me how many words to write instead of how many lines/pages because I have small handwriting.

All help is appreciated, even if you can just give a rough estimate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Good question, I'm interested to see what people say.
    I usually write an exam booklet page for 15 markers, one and a half for 25 markers, and 2 for 40 markers. (I don't know how many words that would be!) Although usually it just depends how much I have to say/how much time I have!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I've given my rule loads of times here before, but I'll say it again:):

I always wrote 1 page for 12 marks in paper 2. People will vary slightly, but I think that the 12marks= 1 page is a good enough rule of thumb.

Advertisement