Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue help

Options
  • 03-04-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    picked this up today i will be using a te stick what is the best button layout to use i had to relayout all the button when playing tekken will i have to do that again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Hi good stuff picking up BB 1st of all! Be sure to add your name & platform to the Irish BB Online Player List, it's in the sticky!

Most stick players usually have 2 options, and both of whick you can select from on an arcade cabinet. Provided you know of the A-B-C-D button format used in BB, you can set your buttons to either

A B C
    D X X

B C D
    A X X

Where X represents an unused button.

Also be sure to check out Vyze's beginner guide to BlazBlue, aswell as sites like Dustloop.com, & Shoryuken.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i can set up set street fighter to a stick. its just i read something about having to press the right stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Are you trying to ask if the right analogue is needed for something?

If that's the case then certainly not in gameplay - it's an arcade game after all - though I imagine there might be training mode shortcuts assigned to it or whatnot.

Otherwise I have absolutely no idea what else you could be getting at.

sorry i should have said more.
    the astral finishs i read are to be done by pressing the right stick i saw somewhere i could be wrong as i havent turned the game on yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Last I remember every astral had its own command so that's more than likely just a shortcut for lazy people.

• Advertisement

ok thanks ill try and get into it some seems like a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No no Right stick is used for 'Easy Specials', it's like a macro.

Thats usually blocked in online rooms anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

sorry i should have said more.
    the astral finishs i read are to be done by pressing the right stick i saw somewhere i could be wrong as i havent turned the game on yet
    There's an easy-input mode where you can do specials and supers using the right analogue stick on a regular gamepad. Generally it limits what you can do, since it means you only get a choice of 4 special moves and you'll end up having a harder time to do it.

Don't forget for Astrals that you need to unlock them for characters that didn't have them in the arcade (Nu/Rachel/Ragna). If I remember right, you just need to finish arcade mode once with a character to unlock their Astral.

Astrals are mostly useless and just there to show off, so make sure not to rely on them! :)

Advertisement