Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

backless bra?

• 03-04-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions as to where the best place is to get a backless bra? I may need one for a dress that i may be wearing to a wedding in June. I'm not big chested but i would still need a bit of support!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

leahyl wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions as to where the best place is to get a backless bra? I may need one for a dress that i may be wearing to a wedding in June. I'm not big chested but i would still need a bit of support!

Just don't get one of the ones with the "invisible" clear plastic straps across the back.

They are not invisible, at all, and they look ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just don't get one of the ones with the "invisible" clear plastic straps across the back.

They are not invisible, at all, and they look ridiculous!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! They look awful! I do NOT want a "clear" strap showing thank you very much! I think there are these things called low back converters or something??!:confused: Not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

You can get backless, strapless bras in La Senza. They're about 40 squids though, so pricey enough. They have a sticky coating on them so you just stick them on to your boobs. They're actually quite decent support wise. I had to wear one for my cousin's wedding last summer. It stayed on all day no problem and didnt hurt to take it off despite it being stuck onto me with some sort of glue!

If you're looking for one with straps, you can definitely get some with just a really, really low back. I cant help with where on this one though. But I'd say they can be found in most decent bra shops.

And I definitely agree on the clear strap yokes. They're so unattractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

beanyb wrote: »
    You can get backless, strapless bras in La Senza. They're about 40 squids though, so pricey enough. They have a sticky coating on them so you just stick them on to your boobs. They're actually quite decent support wise. I had to wear one for my cousin's wedding last summer. It stayed on all day no problem and didnt hurt to take it off despite it being stuck onto me with some sort of glue!

If you're looking for one with straps, you can definitely get some with just a really, really low back. I cant help with where on this one though. But I'd say they can be found in most decent bra shops.

And I definitely agree on the clear strap yokes. They're so unattractive.

Thanks a mil beanyb! I just spotted this one on lasenza website - sort of a multiway one but there is a low back option - which is the kind i want - it can't have straps but at the same time i want something to go around my back but not have it visible if you get me

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/solutions/one_shoulder_bra/level3.aspx?d=16&type=466&style=700369&product=301021z&img=ab07_1

And this is the dress so you get what i mean:)

http://www.newyorkdress.com/La_Femme/15305.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

http://bramora.com/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=162

How about this thing? It seems you can just stick it on to a normal bra, and because of the extra length you get it converts it to a low back bra. It'd definitely be a cheaper option that buying a whole new bra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ultimo do a fantastic low back bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

I found the la senza ones a crap fit and also with the sticky stuff it's like ripping off a plaster at the end of the nigth or else they are half off. The silicone allegedly sticky ones are just as ****e M&S do a good backless bra but it's not totally backless it has straps going around your tummy so it depends how low the back is. I've heard nubra is really good but it's only available online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

beautiful dress! love it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

wow fab dress, wish i was tall enough for maxi dresses :(, the back dosent look too low so u might get away with one of those bra's that has the straps wrapped round your tummy instead of the normal ones, or even somethin like this might work with a bra you have
    http://www.asos.com/Magic/Magic-Low-Back-Strap-Converter/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=834185&cid=6748&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

Try the secret bra!! Just type it onto google and you will get it! It's brilliant, it has the cups and it comes with straps that stick to you around the side! It's fantastic and has great support and it's totally backless!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KathMc

just bought an eves bra for under 40 euro. good support in it but they are CHICKEN FILLETS :) as people tend to call them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shell23

Hi does anyone know where to get the stickers for the la senza backless stick on bra now that the shop is closed down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

Shell23 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know where to get the stickers for the la senza backless stick on bra now that the shop is closed down?

Try this site...
    http://www.glamoursecrets.co.uk/shop/Backless_Bras.html

Only £2.95 delivery from the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

You can get stick on bras in Heatons for like €8 or something. Wouldn't recommend them for anyone C cup of over though. They clip together in the middle to enhance cleavage a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

You can get stick on bras in Heatons for like €8 or something. Wouldn't recommend them for anyone C cup of over though. They clip together in the middle to enhance cleavage a little.

Was just about to suggest that (:

Advertisement