Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transportation Galway/Letterfrack & Costs for Taxi/Hackney Galway to Letterfrack

Options
  • 03-04-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hello

what would a hackney/cab Galway to Letterfrack (and vice versa) roughly cost?

"Irelandbytaxi" would charge me around 82 Euros according to their website...

And are there any other alternatives to get to/from there
    or are Bus Éireann and Citylink the only possibilities?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

dont the bus pass by letterfrack? or did they stop going that rout. if your going by cab/taxi you,l want to share it. cost you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Buses are still going through according to what I know - but the times are not really suitable as I would come from Dublin.
    Dublin Galway/ Galway-Dublin is fine. But the rest of the route looks like a nightmare. Especially If I would leave Dublin on a Friday evening it would mean being stuck in Galway for the night and Hotel rooms are not cheap as well....

That place is really out in the sticks...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Connemara Loop is the only other bus service I know about. http://www.sleepzone.ie/Contact_Details_Directions__Map/Default.93.html

Probably not what you're needing though.

I've heard rumours of other, unofficial, public-transport services in Connemara, but have no proof or links.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Merowig wrote: »
    Buses are still going through according to what I know - but the times are not really suitable as I would come from Dublin.
    Dublin Galway/ Galway-Dublin is fine. But the rest of the route looks like a nightmare. Especially If I would leave Dublin on a Friday evening it would mean being stuck in Galway for the night and Hotel rooms are not cheap as well....

That place is really out in the sticks...
    i used to live 10 miles away from letterfrack, to get around a person would need some mood of transport. how about moving closer to the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

City link would probably be your best option, if you go online, you can get a single ticket for a euro!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

thanks all for the feedback

Blonde45 : I still live in Dublin but gf is now living there for the next three months due to work...
    So moving is not an option unfortunatly.

Advertisement