Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC, HDMI to TV problem?

• 03-04-2010 8:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I have a Medion (aldi) PC which I bought in January to use as a spare PC and as a HTPC (sort of) and I am having lots of trouble in getting the screen to display on my 50" Panasonic TX-P50G10B. The graphics card is a Nvidia GT220 and I have the PC connected to the Tv via HDMI cable.

The Tv will display the graphics and sound no problem but my problem is the resolution as no matter what I've tried I cannot get the PC to fit perfectly onto the screen, if I select 1920x1080 the screen is bigger than the TV with the windows 7 bar almost hidden and if I select the next option down there is a 2 cms black space as the output is too small for the screen.

It is fierce annoying and I don't know how to get the PC output to fit the TV screen properly.

Anyone know anything on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

According to google that telly is 1080p. That means you need 1920 x 1080 so you've got that part right.

In windows right click on the desktop and select Nvidia control panel.
    Under display you'll find "Adjust Desktop Size and Display".
    Here you can position the screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

5uspect wrote: »
    According to google that telly is 1080p. That means you need 1920 x 1080 so you've got that part right.

In windows right click on the desktop and select Nvidia control panel.
    Under display you'll find "Adjust Desktop Size and Display".
    Here you can position the screen.

Yeah the telly is 1080p, and I have tried the adjust bit but can't get the four corners to evenly match and the best setting I have got so far is 1920x1080 which actually exceeds the screen but is better than having the 1 inch bar around the screen

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So what about the TV? Any settings in it's menu to adjust the position just like a PC monitor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Thanks for the help 5uspect, I got it fixed just tonight. It turned out I did not have the latest drivers despite when doing the internal driver check it telling me I was up to date. I got new 64bit drivers from the nvidia website and this time the resize tool actually worked allowing me to fit it snugly onto the 50" plasma screen. No more chopped off edges in movies now!

Advertisement