Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Torunament

Options
  • 03-04-2010 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,

Frontier X on Cruises Street in Limerick is hosting a Street Fighter 4 Tournament this Wednesday April 7th at 7 o'clock. Entry fee is €2, There's going to be a lot of hard hitters there so get practicing and be prepared!

We're running this tournament following the success of our Tekken 6 Tournament and will also have a cash prize.

Game format is best of 3 rounds per fight with 99 second timer.

Here's a link to the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105677732805383#wall_posts

For more information contact belfinrogue@gmail.com

http://www.frontierxlimerick.com
    It beats playing with yourself.

What day do you want the SF4 casuals? 11 votes

Monday
    0% 0 votes
    Tuesday
    18% 2 votes
    Wednesday
    27% 3 votes
    Thursday
    27% 3 votes
    Friday
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Fair play man, theres a bit of a scene popping up in the limerick area alright so there should be a fair few here that can go.

Can I ask though, why this?:

FrontierX wrote: »
    Game format is best of 5 rounds per fight with no timer.

Street Fighter tournaments generally follow a standardized format, 3 rounds per fight, best of 3 fights etc etc but the 99 seconds time limit is a very important part of the game and it'll really kill a lot of characters game plan if thats removed.

I'd recommend you put some more thought into the no timer aspect there man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FrontierX

Well that is fair enough! I'll change that now, don't want to be ruining people's gameplans!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would also consider putting this on a Saturday.

I'd travel from dublin to pretty much anywhere IF I could for a tournament.

Well if we can gather enough interest by monday we can consider moving it to Saturday, without sizeable competition it wouldn't be worth your time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd be up for travelling down to this.

Personally I don't mind the Wednesday but the Saturday might get some more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I dont reckon I'll be able to make another trip this week. Been back and forth and up and down the country every weekend for a month now =D
    Good luck though, good to see another city hosting tourneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'll def be there since ive been missing the last couple in dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

popped a link on our facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

It beats playing with yourself.

Best company slogan ever :P

Don't think I'd make it but best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im well up for this but I have no way of gettin there :S

• Advertisement

Well for those in the Limerick area, I'd happily pick a few people up if it increases our numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Im well up for this but I have no way of gettin there :S

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1269938334-12.pdf

I'd pick up anyone en-route from Waterford to limerick but I don't thnk that'd suit anyone from here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Doesn't help as the last bus leaves at half seven.

I don't think I can make it to this as there doesn't seem to be a cheap fares train for getting down and I can't afford the full fare.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Goes without saying that I'll be there. I'll help run it too.

If any of the regulars here would like to come down tuesday evening, I can put you up for the night in my Limerick place and we can head over then in the morning. I have 2 couches, and I'd say I could fit two more into the beds of my flat-mates. Send me a PM if you're up for that. If not, what harm, more chances of prize-money for me :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'd say I could fit two more into the beds of my flat-mates.

that reads totally wrong btw. :D

Dorty! They are all girls if that makes ye feel better ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Dorty! They are all girls if that makes ye feel better ;)

LOL suddenly I am interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Its time to show the world how bad i am! :D Definitely see ye at this guys.

Does anyone know where'd b handy to park around there that evening??? I'm stayin in my friends up there that night but he's a bit out from the town to leave the car. Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Have a nightcourse til 8.30 but may will pop down after to see how it's going.

🤪

BanjoB wrote: »
    Does anyone know where'd b handy to park around there that evening??? I'm stayin in my friends up there that night but he's a bit out from the town to leave the car. Cheers guys.

Well on a Wednesday evening Denmark street should be pretty empty, i move my own car from the car park to there at around 5 every evening and tickets are never an issue after that time. Also it means u are pretty much right beside Frontier X then! If ya can manage to get in the loading bay in front of the Cuckoo Box that is pretty much perfect.

So tempting to come down and school you Limerick boys but it'd mean taking time off work and not sure I'd be able to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Would come down but just can't afford it this week unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

What if we all pitch in for a hostel or hotel room & get the early bus back?

Like I said, I can fit about 3 in my house, first come and all that. You can come stay Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday if you give me a bit of notice.

Picked up a couple of fighting sticks for the PS3 today, now all i need to do is unlock all the chars! Got a few people to bring in their Xbox hard drives so we'll have them for that but I have a bit of work ahead of me for the PS3 version, if anyone in the Limerick area is around and wants to pop in any time before the tournament starts to give me a hand I'd be most appreciative :)

Well on a Wednesday evening Denmark street should be pretty empty, i move my own car from the car park to there at around 5 every evening and tickets are never an issue after that time. Also it means u are pretty much right beside Frontier X then! If ya can manage to get in the loading bay in front of the Cuckoo Box that is pretty much perfect.

Much appreciated man.
    Denmark street it is then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Unfortunately I'm working starurdays so never get to attend the casuals these days now so I'm really looking forward to this! See ye all there!

• Advertisement

Picked up a couple of fighting sticks for the PS3 today, now all i need to do is unlock all the chars! Got a few people to bring in their Xbox hard drives so we'll have them for that but I have a bit of work ahead of me for the PS3 version, if anyone in the Limerick area is around and wants to pop in any time before the tournament starts to give me a hand I'd be most appreciative :)

Pro tip:

Set difficulty to very easy

Set rounds to 1

Hard kick is your friend with nearly every character :)

Advertisement