Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Torunament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Also, its great to see just how accommodating everyone is here on the forums offering lifts etc. You really dont see people offering a hand like that enough! We'll all be smiling and handshaking hands one minute and thinking "that tick-throwing f**ker" the next!

Raging I didnt meet the community sooner! Wouldnt have taken the big break from the game that I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah its good stuff.

Also its a pity the guys that run XGC aint as accommodating as FrontierX or gamenash.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Or our moviedrome friend! That guy's a legend!

FrontierX. Just sweep everyone to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Or our moviedrome friend! That guy's a legend!

Ya the guys in moviedrome are very accommodating and seems like they'd do pretty much anything for you. Comfy Couches too :D
    FrontierX. Just sweep everyone to death!

That doesn't sound too nice :(

So, can anyone who's coming to this say it on here one more time, just so I've an idea of numbers? And Is anyone needing a place to stay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So, can anyone who's coming to this say it on here one more time, just so I've an idea of numbers? And Is anyone needing a place to stay?

It's complicated dude, I am in work tomorrow, I could take Wed off but I'd still need to get down to limerick after work and I'm not feeling too well, so I am not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Im still interested and Jim mentioned it to me last night but the problem is trying to find a cheap way down. Might get the bus down and crash in yours on the Wednesday night, if that's cool. We'll help you throw a sexy party to make up for it (Assuming your female room-mates are sexy)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ok, have sorted out my financial obligations and I am left with €25 to do until next week, which means I wont be coming down heh. Unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'll be there man.
    Does it look like we'll get the numbers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FrontierX

It'll go ahead anyway whether there is 5 people or 20 so don't worry about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I think Sabre and I will be there at around half eight. Too late for the tourney, but we'll try to support the scene as well as we can!

Been hit with work til 7 so il try snake off early to get in. 90% sure ill be there for the start.

If needs be we can delay the start of the tournament by 30 mins to an hour, don't think anyone needs to be leaving early anyway....

Okay cool. No problem with BanjoB or Orim staying. Bring sleeping bags in case my flat mates are there and you need to use the couches. I have two.

Okay cool. No problem with BanjoB or Orim staying. Bring sleeping bags in case my flat mates are there and you need to use the couches. I have two.

Thanks a mill for the offer man but I'm stayin with a friend up there anyway 2moro night. Appreciate it though. Hopefully we'll have enough peep's to get some kind of tourney goin. :pac:

Tis late and I'm sleepy! Just posting to say I'll be there! Mite pop in early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Good luck with this guys! Hope it goes well!

So any idea what time this is starting??. I'll b up in limerick anyway so it doesn't really matter to me..
    Secondly, have we roughly got an idea on number of attendee's??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think they said half seven Banjo.

I'm not going to head down to this one but good luck, I hope it runs well and I'll try and get down for the next one.

Can anyone confirm the time for this so?

• Advertisement

Well when enough people get here we'll get underway!

I'll b there in a few mins

Good games to all the lads 2nite.:)
    Props too, to the guys at frontier x for holding it and supplying the comfortable surroundings. See ya'll next time around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Who won?

Who won?

I won. Was a small tourney with 10 lads but was enjoyable all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Congrats man!

Just posting to say good games to all I played and a special thanks to onion for offering tips! At one point while playing banjo i heard him say "dont headbutt" but in my panic stricken head I heard HEADBUTT FTW!... And lost awesomely!

Gotta say the banjo/dark onion was beyond amazing! Really enjoyed that. Really got step myself up because even though this was small, it has me really looking forward to going to the next inferno!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Nice meeting ye yesterday. Was disappointed I couldn't stay for the tournament but had to go get heavily beaten in soccer instead.

Did ye play on PS3 or 360 in the end?

Just echoing the good games guys. The BanjoB/ Onion fight was a feast for eyes, in the second match there was nearly 30 secs gone and only 1 bit of chip damage each yet i had half my nails bitten off. Hopefully next time i dont get Onion in the first round :( And i think there a serious Paul situation going on in the SF4 scene...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Did ye play on PS3 or 360 in the end?

They used the 360, I assume to avoid those terrible loading times! Sabre and I arrived quite late, but it was cool to see the high standard of play!

Advertisement