Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Torunament

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

FrontierX wrote: »
    Right then, lets discuss what day is best for people! Any day of the week bar Monday suits us (FIFA tournament that day)

For the casuals that is, and would people be interested in one a week or would one every 2 weeks be better?

Any day but saturday i can do. Could just be me here but I doubt people would mind it being every week since tis just 2 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Why do I have to live 2 hours drive from wherever there's a street fighter scene :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

BanjoB wrote: »
    Why do I have to live 2 hours drive from wherever there's a street fighter scene :(

Time to build a waterford scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FrontierX

Sisko wrote: »
    Yo FrontierX, open a place in dublin will yea? With loads of space and stuff.

n1

Yea sure, I'll just magic up the money to do that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Deadly! Look forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

It's time for Sisko to make one of his lifelong dreams a reality, you gotta become a manwhore man, make us some money for the new FrontierX place :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right then, lets discuss what day is best for people! Any day of the week bar Monday suits us (FIFA tournament that day)

For the casuals that is, and would people be interested in one a week or would one every 2 weeks be better?

Personally, a Tuesday is far better option. Wednesdays are a no-go for me (and a few others) and I'm sure people get busier as the week progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yea sure, I'll just magic up the money to do that :P

Just sell the limerick place!

That might just about buy you a shed in dublin :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to clarify earlier what I said, I think you should mostly do what suits everyone best (looks like Tuesday), but occasionally hold a tournament on a Sat so those of us from all over the country can come down.

I'm saying this for more than just the sake of an extra tournament. It's good experience for you all. Have you got a Rose to practice against? Or a Fuerte? Or a Guile? (I honestly don't know, not being smart)

A bit of cross fertilization of the Dub/ Limerick scene will be good for us all.

A bit of cross fertilization of the Dub/ Limerick scene will be good for us all.

Durty!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    • This next one is a bit more to do with behaviour. When two chachters like Honda and Chun go at it, the match it going to be slow if people know what they're doing. You can't just rush in. Honda can not win like that. As such, it'd be nice if you people could keep the heckling down to a minimum. The odd comment is too bad, but people constantly going on about how long it's taking is really off putting. That may sound condescending, but it has to be said.

As dreddy said I think spectator heckling regardless of it's nature is great. We could definitely use more of it at our events. Granted we'll have to wait for the video but I honestly can't see how it could be that bad. If gets to you, you win and DX right in their faces. I mean everyone talks during events :
    Just posting to say good games to all I played and a special thanks to onion for offering tips! At one point while playing banjo i heard him say "dont headbutt" but in my panic stricken head I heard HEADBUTT FTW!... And lost awesomely!
    !

And TBH for me this a hella of lot worse. Chun has to chip Honda down over the course of a long match and is constantly at losing like 15 - 20% health off one fierce. The last thing a Chun needs is for the crowd to be watching her ultra meter for her opponent. A chuns opponent not noticing she has ultra could be the difference between her winning and losing.

As an aside, shouldn't honda be moving in on Chun constantly? As least to about a half screen. It seems to be me that Banjo was doing a good job, you were losing and got annoyed about it. Again I'll wait until I see the video before I pass judgement.

Finally
    [HYPE]
    I heard that all the top southern players were saying that Chris and Mike have bad hair.
    [/HYPE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Ya Dooms idea of staggering it sounds on the ball. Id be more in favour of 2 weeks as it'd probably entice people outside Limerick to travel in more frequently bcos they couldnt do it every week over money etc etc. Also theres the saturday casuals so with more things happening in one week people are gona pick and choose which in my opinion might split the scene a bit. Also tuesday is a no go for me unfortunately over other commitments. We could always put it too a poll to sort out the day whenever its scheduled sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Orim wrote: »
    [HYPE]
    I heard that all the top southern players were saying that Chris and Mike have bad hair.
    [/HYPE]

They're just bitter because we keep taking their money!

SUCK A DICK

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Durty!

And TBH for me this a hella of lot worse. Chun has to chip Honda down over the course of a long match and is constantly at losing like 15 - 20% health off one fierce. The last thing a Chun needs is for the crowd to be watching her ultra meter for her opponent. A chuns opponent not noticing she has ultra could be the difference between her winning and losing.

As an aside, shouldn't honda be moving in on Chun constantly? As least to about a half screen. It seems to be me that Banjo was doing a good job, you were losing and got annoyed about it. Again I'll wait until I see the video before I pass judgement.

Orim just to paint the picture, trust me when it comes to street fighter I'm not gna be giving anyone here headaches when it comes to fighting. Just wana say I totally agree that when two players who know the game or at least are evenly matched, no-one should be offering tips mid-match because then the guy is might aswell be playing two people but lol when you see my fight against banjo, banjo clearly wasnt in any danger of losing the fight. If banjo had a problem with some-one offering me advice thats totally reasonable, but I'm sure he knows himself I hadnt a clue what was going on! Dreading seeing the replay actually, only dawned on me awhile ago people are gna witness that my goal for the match was to not get hit with a perfect!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just wana say I totally agree that when two players who know the game or at least are evenly matched, no-one should be offering tips mid-match because then the guy is might aswell be playing two people but lol when you see my fight against banjo, banjo clearly wasnt in any danger of losing the fight. If banjo had a problem with some-one offering me advice thats totally reasonable, but I'm sure he knows himself I hadnt a clue what was going on! Dreading seeing the replay actually, only dawned on me awhile ago people are gna witness that my goal for the match was to not get hit with a perfect!

There's certain people who really, really need to learn this :D

I wouldn't be too worried about crappy matches, we all have them.

It's about learning and growing. Yeah you lost here but think about why you did and try to address it. Post here for assistance with bad match ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ramza wrote: »
    It's time for Sisko to make one of his lifelong dreams a reality, you gotta become a manwhore man, make us some money for the new FrontierX place :pac:

Ah but sure theres no need man! Didnt you read his post? He said he was going to magic up the money, we're sorted! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As an aside, shouldn't honda be moving in on Chun constantly? As least to about a half screen. It seems to be me that Banjo was doing a good job, you were losing and got annoyed about it.

I know how the match-up works, thanks :rolleyes:

And I wasn't annoyed. I was getting in as much as I could have hoped to get in. Any annoyances were from my own slip-ups.

I know how the match-up works, thanks :rolleyes:

And I wasn't annoyed. I was getting in as much as I could have hoped to get in. Any annoyances were from my own slip-ups.

That was a genuine question. No need for a rogue roll-eyes :pac:
    From this :
    You can't just rush in. Honda can not win like that.

I read that you weren't really moving in at all. But obviously it's just my misunderstanding of your meaning in that sentence.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Apologies, I read it far snarkier than it was intended, it seems. *nods*

Yeah, I take it slowly when I'm fighting BanjoB. Imagine my DooM game plan, but slightly riskier with my jumps, and slightly safer with my close up plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FrontierX

So if I ran another one this Tuesday, what numbers could I expect?

I'm also considering upping the entry fee to €3 just so there will be a bit more money on offer to the winner!

And also changing the format to double elimination.

Advertisement