Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is a postcode?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I want to know what the postcode for sandyford/stepaside is and what does it mean?
    Im booking a car and was asked for the postcode of of my home address.
    I tried D18 and 01 and IE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

If its a uk site it probably wont recognise Irish postcodes. As far as i know Stepaside is county Dublin (no postcode) and Sandyford is Dublin 18. If having difficulty just enter something like 00000. It often works for some sites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, i'm in dun laoghaire and i always use 000001 (or thereabouts) with no problem. but, in booking a car you may need to confirm this is not an error, but only there to allow the form to submit online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

ayumi wrote: »
    I want to know what the postcode for sandyford/stepaside is and what does it mean?
    Im booking a car and was asked for the postcode of of my home address.
    I tried D18 and 01 and IE

What a postcode in Ireland should be is detailed here in an Oireachtas report published on 31st March 2010. The report can be downloaded here It refers to the type of system shown here

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

its still not working.
    i wrote sandyford ,postcode 00000 and 00001
    then tried dublin 18 ,postcde d18

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I always just put in "N/A", work most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just to confuse matters, 0000 (four zeros) normally works for me.

Failing that, ring/email and ask them in person.

Advertisement