Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conventions

Options
  • 03-04-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi
    hi i was wondering if there is going to be any sort of film,scifi convention on this year in ireland i live in limerick and would love to go to one if there was one on so any help would be great
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

red12 wrote: »
    hi
    hi i was wondering if there is going to be any sort of film,scifi convention on this year in ireland i live in limerick and would love to go to one if there was one on so any help would be great

A bit late, but there is a con (Invasion Dublin) this weekend in Dublin..

There is always Octocon on 16th and 17th of October2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

If you are considering going to Octocon, you should know that the prices are going up on the first of June by €10.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OmeGar wrote: »
    If you are considering going to Octocon, you should know that the prices are going up on the first of June by €10.
    Jasus, €30 (€40 on the door) :eek:

Hab SoSlI' Quch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Dades wrote: »
    Jasus, €30 (€40 on the door) :eek:

Hab SoSlI' Quch!

According to the website it's €50 on the door, the prices are more expensive this year because of the guest of honour George R R Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I was at Octocon last year, I thought it was totally worth it for the money. It's good craic and the panels were really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Demonique wrote: »
    According to the website it's €50 on the door, the prices are more expensive this year because of the guest of honour George R R Martin
    It was free to meet him in Easons!

I'm sure it's all worth it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

i should point out that it is €50 at the moment, and it will probably €60 on the door.

If you want to Pay cash in advance, and get the prepay price, you should know that some of the Committee will be at "Geek Games Sundays" which takes place in the Library bar the first Sunday of every month!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

There will also be the first Dublin Comic Con this year!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Comic-Con/298328063554103?ref=hl

Advertisement