Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick NCT question

• 03-04-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Since the 1st of April there has been a few changes made to the NCT. One is that a car will fail if warning lights are present on the dash (such as an airbag light!)

Does anyone know it it will fail if the same light does not work? If the airbag warning light never comes on? (even on startup)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Pacifico wrote: »
    Since the 1st of April there has been a few changes made to the NCT. One is that a car will fail if warning lights are present on the dash (such as an airbag light!)

Does anyone know it it will fail if the same light does not work? If the airbag warning light never comes on? (even on startup)

Thanks
    Page 91 says it will fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The airbag light coming on at startup is basically a quick self diagnostic of the SRS system making sure it is working.

To be honest I would be more concerned at why it is not coming on at startup rather than whether it would pass the NCT or not.

I cannot answer your question directly as I have no experience of that situation but on a side note I would advise you get the car hooked up to a diagnostic computer to see why the SRS system is not doing a check on start up irrespective of whether it is spotted in the NCT or not.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If it never comes on then it either isn't present in the car or the bulb failed (somewhat unlikely) or someone has removed the bulb (for a more serious underlying reason).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pacifico wrote: »
    Does anyone know it it will fail if the same light does not work? If the airbag warning light never comes on? (even on startup) ;)
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement