Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultural Context Layout?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

How are ye doing it??

I was thinking of doing

Money
    P&P
    Casabalnca
    Sive

... same for Love and Power for the 3.

And then leaving key moment for each until the end?

Would i be better to put the key moments in the middle of the essay??

Its just that they key moment for each encompasses all 3 topics, so i would need to explain them first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

my teacher said cultural context is very unlikely to come up this year. it was asked last year, and because literary genre is not going to be on next years paper, the next time they can ask it is in 2012, and the last time it was asked was 2007 i think. so literary genre and GV+VP is looking very likely.
    so I am focusing more on them and less on cultural context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

It really depends on how the Q is phrased to be honest. If you post a sample Q I'd be happy to help :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

stainluss wrote: »
    How are ye doing it??

I was thinking of doing

Money
    P&P
    Casabalnca
    Sive

... same for Love and Power for the 3.

And then leaving key moment for each until the end?

Would i be better to put the key moments in the middle of the essay??

Its just that they key moment for each encompasses all 3 topics, so i would need to explain them first?

What do you mean by leaving the km for each until the end? Of what: the end of the essay or the paragraph?

Going with Intro - Money - Love - Power - Conclusion is fine.

What I would do is: in each paragraph, give a general sentence about the element of cc e.g. money: "money plays a huge role in all three of my texts." Discuss the element in your first text, backed up by a k.m., then discuss the 2nd while making a comparison and back up with a k.m., then discuss the 3rd. Make sure you finish your paragraph on something that will link easily to your next.

The most important thing is to answer the question. Your essay should have a logical structure and you should be comparing regularly and giving a personal response. As long as you have these bases covered, you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

deemark wrote: »
    What do you mean by leaving the km for each until the end? Of what: the end of the essay or the paragraph?

Going with Intro - Money - Love - Power - Conclusion is fine.

What I would do is: in each paragraph, give a general sentence about the element of cc e.g. money: "money plays a huge role in all three of my texts." Discuss the element in your first text, backed up by a k.m., then discuss the 2nd while making a comparison and back up with a k.m., then discuss the 3rd. Make sure you finish your paragraph on something that will link easily to your next.

The most important thing is to answer the question. Your essay should have a logical structure and you should be comparing regularly and giving a personal response. As long as you have these bases covered, you're fine.

I was thinking of doing the KM for each at the end of the essay?

The KM talks about all the worlds i have explained so how could i stick it in during the essay? It would need ti be at the end?

Would i not need to explain the others first, then put them in at the end of the essay?

Advertisement