Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

mw2 or bfbc2

• 03-04-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭

i'm very financially challenged i.e i'm as broke as the irish peoples trust in the church.i have scraped together enough money for a new game this will be the only one i'll be able to afford for a while so i was wondering wether you would reccomend mw2 or bfbc2 half my friends have one and the other half have the other and i'm driven mental listening to them telling me which one to get so i'll put my trust in the wisdom of the xbox boardsies whch is better craic?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

MW2 has been out for a while and most people playing it will be very expierenced so you'll be playing catchup, but you should be able to pick up a second hand copy cheap enough, so you could get the new map pack thrown in which would even it up a bit, personally I really enjoy MW2 and would recommend it, but I haven't played bfbc2 yet cause I'm still enjoying MW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

How about calling over to their houses or borrowing the game and test it out for yourself?

FYI i played BFBC2 and i prefer MW2..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

BFBC2, so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Almost pointless asking, I know, but purely in terms of single player, which is better? Does BFBC2 have a solo skirmish mode, by any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you can't borrow from people why not rent out both games and see which 1 you prefer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Get modern warfare 1 its better than both those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

BC2 is off the hook when you play with friends, if you just wana get kills and don't care about defending targets and using class based weapons and gadjets then go with MW2. If you play BC2 and stay back trying to get kills as a sniper people like me will hunt you or if your on our team we will shoot you with tracer darts :p

Grumpy has a point though, I'd rather play MW1 then 2 these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Single player - BC2 is far better.

Online - I think MW 1&2 are much better.

Ive a pain in my face getting snipped every 2 seconds in BC2.

But they each have pros and cons, It depends on the player which they prefare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

RAIN wrote: »
    BC2 is off the hook when you play with friends, if you just wana get kills and don't care about defending targets and using class based weapons and gadjets then go with MW2. If you play BC2 and stay back trying to get kills as a sniper people like me will hunt you or if your on our team we will shoot you with tracer darts :p

Grumpy has a point though, I'd rather play MW1 then 2 these days.

So you want people to defend targets...but don't want them to sit back as a sniper and pick people off. Fair enough.

Prefering BC2 at the moment.....but again, you get rewarded for playing more with unlocks so either way, you'll be up against difficult people at times!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Bad company 2 is way better than MW2 in so many ways! For one all the map packs that are going to be released are FREE (presuming you bought the game brand new) The multiplayer is class because you can drive UAV, Tanks, Helicopters and Hummers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

i would reccomend mwf2!!!

but both the games are nothin compared to just cause 2!!! amazing game :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ive had mw2 since the day it came out and it didnt leave the xbox. was on 4th level prestige and was loving it all the time.
    but then when battlefield came out i haven't played mw2 since.

MW2
    a load of ppl in it using glitches running round with the knife usin lightweight and comando and marathon.
    they can knife you from 10 yards away when your shooting at them
    nobody uses tactics.
    its all run and gun or camp.
    you gotta be good to get kills to use choppers and stuff and then get slaughtered when other people get them

good game if ur looking for a fast run about shooting came with aload of sceaming 10 year olds on the mics.

BF2
    more tactic based.
    if you like playin with a team and using a mic to flank people this is the game for you
    you can blow up buildings and the maps ae always moving on forward after blow up the stations in a certain area so your not stuck in the same place for the whole game.
    you dont have to be **** hot to use the helicopters and tanks coz there at the base at the start.
    some people do camp as snipers but its very easy to flank them on a quad and take them out

overall id much prefer bc2 and i think alot of people would agree with me.
    but really you shud rent em both and see what you would be into.
    pretty good irish clan too on bc2 that any irish person can join.
    see the thread here on this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

If you liked Call of Duty 4 then don't ruin it by getting Modern Warfare 2.

BFBC2 is a much more enjoyable game because less is very often more.

Something Infinity Ward seem to have missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

smooch71 wrote: »
    If you liked Call of Duty 4 then don't ruin it by getting Modern Warfare 2.

BFBC2 is a much more enjoyable game because less is very often more.

Something Infinity Ward seem to have missed.

i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

MW2 by a mile. BC2 is still good tho

Advertisement