Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round the houses - 1935 Street racing in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

did ya see the de valera clip from limerick on same page.. that must have been the original saxone's shoe shop in the background.. cool vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for that , I often hear my dad talking about it and it's nice to actually see it .

jonski wrote: »
    Thanks for that , I often hear my dad talking about it and it's nice to actually see it .

See what saxones or the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fantastic find, thanks for posting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Stab*City wrote: »
    See what saxones or the race?

The race , showed it to him this morning and he thought it was excellent .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Fantastic find, my dad told me about this race as a kid so its great to finally see it. My parents now reside beside the railway bridge in careys road so I look forward to showing them this video so they can see careys road in all its former glory...

thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That is awesome! Would love to see something like that in the city!

Its like Monaco.

Can anyone clarify the route? Starts off at William street, heads up past the back of the prison and down carey's road then I assume it goes up Lord Edward st and down by the peony court and back up O'Connell Avenue/O'Connell st and turning back on to William St

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Found this on another forum i frequent (its from the following year when a Duke crashed and died):

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=77183

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/0805/1224252006973.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

That link is really doing the rounds since I posted it on octane a while back! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement