Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 undermounted sinks

• 03-04-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi All,

I want to get 2 undermounted sinks in my new kitchen or maybe just 1.5 but i want them to be separate sinks (with the granite top in between), can i use the one base unit for the two sinks, is there a minimum distance they need to be apart and how are undermounts actaully attached and supported?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

cut them into timber fitted flush into base units.granite will fit over and be cut to suit openings.no ideal measurements whatever suits yourself .dont fit too close though as the gap needs to be wide enough for the granite to be strong

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

i am fitting a small en suite undermount sink to a granite top at the moment. the granite supplier sometimes fits both sink and granite in place.
    he told me that glueing the sink in place with wurth adesive is enough to hold the sink in place with no other supports underneath, is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

i was wondering myself how the sink was held up and i'm not sure i'm fully convinced yet but i did find a sink company not sure if i'm allowed mention their name that do these clips. Not sure how tey work but in the catalogue they had a pic of a man standing in the sink so they seem pretty good. I'm getting this brand of sink so i'll be using the clips.

Advertisement