Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it OK not to like something?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Down

I hate anyone that votes for FF in the next election.... Traitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I hate wine, even expensive champagne. Give me a german beer or Guinness any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Wine is something that requires timing and compliments.

A good wine can taste crap in the wrong circumstances. Think of eating an easter egg or a mentos and drinking a pint of guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No you didn't I don't really care if you like Liverpool or not. Just pointing out that it is ignorant. You can't hate everybody just cause they like something you don't....That is racism... And racism is evil.

Sorry my spelling isn't up to your standards. Everybody knows supporters of all other football teams can spell perfectly.

I hate when people don't know what racism is and use it in arguments.

As much as you might like to think it, people that support other teams aren't necessarily a different race to you.

Different
    Race.
    Same
    Race.

Try and drill that into your heads, thanks.

Oh and by the way, this is completely irrelevant but seriously awesome.

I also hate FireFox spell check.
    YOU'RE WRONG, SO ****ING WRONG YOU ****ING ****!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

CianRyan wrote: »
    I hate when don't know what racism is and use it in arguments.

As much as you might like to think it, people that support other teams aren't necessarily a different race to you.

Different
    Race.

Same
    Race.

Try and drill that into your head, thanks.

Oh and by the way, This one doesn't work>>>this<<< is completely irrelevant but seriously awesome.

I also hate FireFox spell check.
    YOU'RE WRONG, SO ****ING WRONG YOU ****ING ****!!!!!!

The rest...I can't make head nor tail of:confused:

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    The rest...I can't make head nor tail of:confused:
    Should work now.

The guy was claiming the other guy was racist because he was giving out about Liverpool fans.
    Liverpool fans are not necessarily a different race fans of other football clubs. This makes his statement void.

Different
    ---These two people are different races.
    Race

Because they are not different races, any name calling/arguing that goes on between them can not be deemed racist.
    Clear now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I know its not racist... Its called a joke. How you have survived in After Hours I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I know its not racist... Its called a joke. How you have survived in After Hours I do not know.

Jokes are generally funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Little Dead Pope had me in tears. :D

deisedude wrote: »
    Jokes are generally funny.

This.

I never said I hated when you said it, I said when people say it.
    How do you know I didn't understand the joke?

I could be laughing right now.
    In fact... I am! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

tomhappens wrote: »
    No biggie but can a person just not like something?

Is it such a problem for others? So I don't like those smelly fancy cheese.
    I like cheddar! Just a straight forward normal cheese! Just not those real fancy smelly ones. I have no strong feelings on them or those that like them, or the subject really.... but the group of people I was with earlier today would not let it go. Like I needed to be analysed? or some such!

Have you ever just not liked something and others felt the need to enlighten you on the errors of your ways?

Hi man don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't like tea, I hate having to explain that and getting funny looks when I say it.

Its just brown and water and yet because we're Irish we "have" to like it and drink ten cups of the gunk a day. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't like sharing food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I hate people, things, stuff and everything.

No big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I don't think any Irish comedians are even remotely funny.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Confab wrote: »
    I don't think any Irish comedians are even remotely funny.

There, I said it.

Including Dara O'Briain and Dylan Moran?

Oh, I despise beans, disgusting little bastards they are, but nobody seems to understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I don't like Tommy Tiernan and Hector Ó hEochagáin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I don't like football, hurling, or anything to do with the GAA really. This is a particularly tough position to take, being a culchie. Every time I go down to my local shop, I have people asking me what I thought of 'the match'. Sorry, I didn't even know there was a match on. Cue strange looks from everyone.

Also, no, I have never been to Croke Park. It is not the 'greatest piece of architecture in the world'. Its a field surrounded by a few seats.

I feel like I've wandered into R&R here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I hate lamp.

And that stupid f*cking film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am not attracted to Jennifer Aniston at all.

She is far too plain, Not even girl next door, more like your mams friend who she drinks tea with who isn't that good looking and you don't want to pork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Don't know if it's been said yet but i can't see how anyone could be scared watching Paranormal Activity.

Was told by everybody i'd be guaranteed to poo my panties, but nothing, not even a shart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Don't know if it's been said yet but i can't see how anyone could be scared watching Paranormal Activity.

Was told by everybody i'd be guaranteed to poo my panties, but nothing, not even a shart.

These are the same kind of people that get scared at the grudge and saw! I like to refer to them as retarded, but that's not PC so we have to call them special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

jokettle wrote: »
    I hate lamp.

And that stupid f*cking film.

Me too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

bonerm wrote: »
    Me too :pac:

Aw, Pixar lamps don't count! That was so sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i cannot stand beer of any kind, it all has the same rotten taste no matter what make it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I really dislike 'Scrubs'. It's just not funny. At all.

Also stand up comedy. GTFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I agree with the Bill Hicks hatred.
    And some fcuker always has to throw his quotes into an argument, because he's so very wise and everything he says is pure gospel.

I also hate football, and fans of it in general, for the reasons that can be seen in the few posts before mine.

IT'S A FCUKING GAME

Erm, I like Bill Hicks! :o

But well with you on the football. I don't watch it, I don't follow it, I can't stand the c*nts that play or get too involved with it. It just never appealed to me! And I get looks like I'm a freak whenever I admit this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I am not attracted to Jennifer Aniston at all.

She is far too plain, Not even girl next door, more like your mams friend who she drinks tea with who isn't that good looking and you don't want to pork.

Her looks don't bother me, I fine her quite cute to be honest.

However, it's the fact that she's a cunt that I can't stand.

Anytime I've seen her interviewed, especially Oprah interviews, she comes across like a totally narcissistic wasp of a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I really dislike 'Scrubs'. It's just not funny. At all.

Also stand up comedy. GTFO.

I don't like that post.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I don't like Liverpool. I don't like their fans. I particularly hate the way their team manages to be so bad and yet they're still the most arrogant supporters out there. Thank god they'll never win the league in my life time, you couldn't live with the fcukers.

Lord of the Rings. I'm sorry, but is this not a film for 10 year olds? How the hell did it get so popular? And the end of the last film....I had my jacket on in the cinema expecting the closing credits...half hour later i was still sitting their in my jacket. Cinematic torture, and I paid for it.

Whats wrong with you,you should love LOTR,we all do.

Advertisement