Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Areas in Bray

• 03-04-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,

Im looking for a bit of advice. Thinking of moving to Bray in the coming months and am currently looking at property. I am unsure of some of the aras and am hoping to get some local knowldge. I have gathered from the threads that some people are negative about bray but im just looking for a general opinion on areas, and what they would be like to live on.

1. Seapoint Court
    2. Sidmonton Road

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Both areas are Nice, near to beach, town and DART

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

i agree with Johnymcg. I lived in Seapoint Court many years ago - the Harbour Bar is minutes away!. Although flooding has not happened since Hurricane Charlie and remedial work has taken place since then, the area is on a flood plain. No such problem with Sidmonton Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

hotshot_rf wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im looking for a bit of advice. Thinking of moving to Bray in the coming months and am currently looking at property. I am unsure of some of the aras and am hoping to get some local knowldge. I have gathered from the threads that some people are negative about bray but im just looking for a general opinion on areas, and what they would be like to live on.

1. Seapoint Court
    2. Sidmonton Road

Thanks in advance
    Sidmonton Road is a lovely area,near Dart station and only about 10 minute walk from town centre.You can see the sea from the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Sidmonton rd is known as a nice area, however its on a relatively busy constant light trickle road with cars double parked all over it, traffic can be tight in both directions. The garda station is just off it too towards the seafront, there is a secondary school (StThomas') at the end of it to on the North end of it (Novara ave). Also Pres (another secondary school is just off the southern end a short walk up the Putland rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 green.tea

glad to find this forum here. I am looking to buy a house in bray and interested in a house in wheatfield. could somebody local give opinions on this area. is the area nice, quiet , convinient and safe to live in. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

green.tea wrote: »
    glad to find this forum here. I am looking to buy a house in bray and interested in a house in wheatfield. could somebody local give opinions on this area. is the area nice, quiet , convinient and safe to live in. thanks.

Wheatfield is lovely - Friends living there - 20 min walk to the town - tesco about 10 min away. Close to all the schools . Bray in general is a nice place - Just needs revamping & like everywhere isseeing the effects of the recession. Its also what you make of a place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Wheatfield is lovely - Friends living there - 20 min walk to the town - tesco about 10 min away. Close to all the schools . Bray in general is a nice place - Just needs revamping & like everywhere isseeing the effects of the recession. Its also what you make of a place too.

One thing I would say about Wheatfield is that the name is misleading. There aren't any wheat fields up there.

Also, there's a shop at the entrance to the estate, Boghall Stores, and a funeral home conveniently situated across the road also, not to mention a library.

Advertisement