Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Phone unlocked

Options
  • 03-04-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a phone unlocked. There was a guy that was on boards.ie that did it, Does anyone remember his username. Dublin area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

phone solutions in tallaght his done a few phones for me and his good look him up on google !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

**** in Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

+1 on ****. Used them before, very reliable and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Italia wrote: »
    +1 on ****. Used them before, very reliable and quick.

**** is a one Dodgy character,I'd avoid greasing this cretins palms with cash if you can help it

SUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

sxt wrote: »
    **** is a one Dodgy character,I'd avoid greasing this cretins palms with cash if you can help it

That article is dated back to 2003. However would i not be legit.

I remember there was a chap on boards.ie that ran such an unlocking service. He must have moved on. Any other ideas would be appreciated, I know of a place on aungiers street myself. Are these places pricey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

pirelli wrote: »
    That article is dated back to 2003. However would i not be legit.

I remember there was a chap on boards.ie that ran such an unlocking service. He must have moved on. Any other ideas would be appreciated, I know of a place on aungiers street myself. Are these places pricey?

A shop owner who admits to the following...

" We do indeed buy mobile phones. We don't ask any questions - a phone is a phone. It's nicked? No bother at all, no bother "

is not a reliable character ( a scumbag by most peoples standards) no matter what calender year it was documented...

If you post the name of the phone that you want unlocked-other users on here will be able to tell you how much it should cost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pirelli wrote: »

Their is two places near aungiers street. FM mobiles is on georges st, and camden st. They aren't very pricey. The majority of phones can be unlocked for less then €40 in unlocking shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That article is from 7 years ago, and it is in the Sunday Mirror.

'nuff said.

However, you might be interested to know that GSM Solutions have, over the past number of weeks, engaged in a massive campaign of spamming this forum. I have banned at least five accounts in the last month. When I tried to engage in discussion with them, they responded with a veiled threat to me.

So, not the most pleasant of people to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

My personal interaction with them started when I asked them to unlock my 6310i and my N95, they did it quickly and reliably. My phones worked with all sim cards. Stop end of story.
    I went in there with full knowledge of what I wanted and certainly didn't ask them for moral and social references.

Let me be perfectly clear that I'm not accusing anyone, however, IMHO anyone who runs this type of business has to be hovering over the thin line that divides legal and illegal. So if you decide to use this type of facility, you do so with full knowledge and understanding. Don't expect to find Mother Teresa behind the counter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

gcgirl wrote: »
    phone solutions in tallaght his done a few phones for me and his good look him up on google !

I used this place before and they were great, no problems, good prices and if you join their forum you can get a 5% discount. A little off the beaten track for me though.

http://********************.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

My phone is a samsung pixon 8800. Thanks fro all the inof , tallaght sounds like the best option. Only 30 mins on the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I use FM Mobiles on George Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I use Mobile Phone Solutions, pure gent (no I'm not a relation or anything just a happy customer) and would highly recommend him. The Pixon is €20 to be unlocked, check the website, search for them in google. Tell him I sent you ;)

Other than that I cannot comment as I always use MPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nemo123

There are many places off Henry street .. Does anyone have the Nokia 5530? I've been having problems with it lately i was charging it the other day and took it out of the charger and the screen went white as if i turned it on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

I needed to get a phone unblocked to switch network, I just rang Meteor and they unblocked it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 top girl

I googled the name and model of my phone and got the unlock code off the net. Worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

top girl wrote: »
    I googled the name and model of my phone and got the unlock code off the net. Worth a try

Applies to mostly older handsets and sony ericssons. Be very carefull with samsungs as you can remove the lock but it will clear your imei number from the handset which is damaging the phone.

Advertisement