Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank robbery

Options
  • 03-04-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any details on the recent bank robbery in Bagenalstown?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you mean the attempted and foilled attempt to steal the ATM last night??

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

There's a big hole in the wall but they must have gotten caught half way through cause the ATM was left behind! After all their hard work :D Hope I don't need to get cash anytime soon! Absolutely crazy thinking they would get away without anyone spotting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Thanks for the replies. Am I right in saying that the bank is on the same street as the garda station? sounds like a fun evening for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

Ok I've heard a bit, not all definite fact but...........

They arrived around 5.30am because the Garda station closes at 4. The Station itself is about 50m from the bank. Apparently a local woman stepped outside her door to see what all the commotion was about, and was told to go back inside or be shot (They are believed to have been armed). They used a stolen JCB to try and dig out the atm.

Not sure what happened after this, I think gardai from Carlow arrived and disrupted them. They rammed a squad car at one stage but I don't know where or when. They fled empty-handed but have not been caught.

Don't anyone hesitate to correct me on any of this.

Anyone else notice that RTE reported that it happened in Carlow town? Quality reporting there..

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

most of it is right they had a stolen jeep from tullow as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement