Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its been cold again

• 03-04-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Ladies
    Just curious here, a guy who likes to take care of himself (& maybe enjoy crossdressing occasionaly)
    The weather has been so cold again and I just couldnt help myself from wearing Tights again under my Trousers in order to keep warm as i work outdoors a lot.
    My question to you Ladies is how many of you are doing the same
    ( We all thought he winter was over )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Actually I've been wearing thermal long johns for outdoor activities.

We are obviously swapping roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I find thermals/leggings better to wear under jeans in winter. They are warmer and less restrictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Running tights under jeans are rather useful when it's really cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 just curious

I have never worn " Running Tights" Are they like leggings or Opaque Tights? I normally wear 20 or 30 denier tan / barely black Tights, I fihd them really comfortable & warm, I kinda got used to wearing them all winter and when I stopped wearing them 2 weeks ago I really missed them. I think I will keep wearing tights under jeans & Trousers for a few more weeks until the weather warms up a bit.
    Are you Ladies doing the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It's not nearly cold enough for that right now.

I reserve the leggings under tights thing for -15 and below.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Why are women affected by the cold that much more than men despite being surrounded by a thicker layer of fat?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Its not a gender thing. It varies way more among individuals. In any case I dunno how you could say women are more affected. If you were generalising you'd claim men were more affected. How many women do you see in sub zero temps in short skirts, or very light material. Lots. How many men do you see in shorts in january? None.

The slightly thicker layer of fat wouldnt be much help anyway. More help would be extra muscle tissue. Muscle "burns" hotter and uses more calories just standing there*. Men generally have more of that so shouldnt be as affected by the cold.

* hence one reason IME lifting (proper) weights will give a woman a better figure than aerobics etc and without starving yourself

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Wibbs wrote: »
    Its not a gender thing. It varies way more among individuals. In any case I dunno how you could say women are more affected. If you were generalising you'd claim men were more affected. How many women do you see in sub zero temps in short skirts, or very light material. Lots. How many men do you see in shorts in january? None.

The slightly thicker layer of fat wouldnt be much help anyway. More help would be extra muscle tissue. Muscle "burns" hotter and uses more calories just standing there*. Men generally have more of that so shouldnt be as affected by the cold.

* hence one reason IME lifting (proper) weights will give a woman a better figure than aerobics etc and without starving yourself

Actually, the answer is One! :D I wear shorts all year round, unless I really HAVE to wear pants for some reason! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

It depends on how tight the jeans I'm wearing are. If they are tight then I will wear tights but if they are loose enough I will wear leggings. I wore leggings under my clothes a lot last Winter. I only just stopped wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I don't really wear trousers much, I prefer tights and a skirt. I find that option to be much warmer!

I also find a big coat helps. Mine comes down to just above my knees and it's made of heavy material. Don't feel a thing when I'm wearing that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I do outdoor work too and I find tights quite sticky and clammy if I'm doing anything physical, I usually just wear thermal leggings I got on ebay under my waterproofs or boiler suit. Once there's no windchill I'm fine. Now if only I could wear tights on my poor windburnt face I'd be happy :)

I don't really wear trousers much, I prefer tights and a skirt. I find that option to be much warmer!

I also find a big coat helps. Mine comes down to just above my knees and it's made of heavy material. Don't feel a thing when I'm wearing that! :D

what she said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 just curious

Hi There
    Some interesting answers
    Maybe I will have to invest in some leggings in the future(i know they won't ladder) I don't want to bore you gals but I find support tights very comfortable to wear with trousers & i find that they keep me so snug I would be lost without them.
    I had to do a niteshift last nite in work and i was glad I was wearing them as it was prety cold. They kept my bum nice and warm

Advertisement