Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry ****es.

Options
  • 04-04-2010 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Has it occurred to anyone else here that almost everybody doing the LC seems to be a gargantuan dry ****e. People act like study is a hobby and brag about how many hours they get done. People refuse to go into town because they'd rather stay at home and study notes on some long dead wanker who couldn't get the girl he wanted. I mean I mightn't be the most proficient in the opposite sex department but I don't inflict my misery upon others through the oppressive properties of prose and poetry. I mean it is not the be all and end all, it is a couple of exams at the end of june. What do you think is going to happen, you don't get an B in Eng you won't get a good college, then you won't get a good job, then you won't get a good car or house and ofc without those you won't get a hot wife so your life surmounts to a plethora of misery and failed opportunities. Get a life for ****s sake and enjoy being an immature ****head while you can.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Hmmm.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Just because your mates didn't go out tonight because they said they were studying doesn't mean you have to go on here and rant about people using excuses of studying for not going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

esio trot wrote: »
    you don't get an B in Eng you won't get a good college, then you won't get a good job, then you won't get a good car or house and ofc without those you won't get a hot wife so your life surmounts to a plethora of misery and failed opportunities.

Yeah, that sounds about right!
    (Whats wrong with thinking like this and wanting to be successful?)

I bet your family arent stuggling financially, I bet you can afford to ignore that long dead ejit..

Oh! Wait! Its Saturday night, man. Why you not out living it up you big ****ing dry arse?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

you don't get an B in Eng

Don't worry..... You won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Has it occurred to anyone else here that almost everybody doing the LC seems to be a gargantuan dry ****e. People act like study is a hobby and brag about how many hours they get done. People refuse to go into town because they'd rather stay at home and study notes on some long dead wanker who couldn't get the girl he wanted. I mean I mightn't be the most proficient in the opposite sex department but I don't inflict my misery upon others through the oppressive properties of prose and poetry. I mean it is not the be all and end all, it is a couple of exams at the end of june. What do you think is going to happen, you don't get an B in Eng you won't get a good college, then you won't get a good job, then you won't get a good car or house and ofc without those you won't get a hot wife so your life surmounts to a plethora of misery and failed opportunities. Get a life for ****s sake and enjoy being an immature ****head while you can.
    I'd say a psychologist could analyze the ****e out of that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esio trot

stainluss wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds about right!
    (Whats wrong with thinking like this and wanting to be successful?)

I bet your family arent stuggling financially, I bet you can afford to ignore that long dead ejit..

Oh! Wait! Its Saturday night, man. Why you not out living it up you big ****ing dry arse?:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact I come from quite a humble household with regards to spondoolas but I am not going to let the fear of financial frugality bankrupt my life. And when I said going into town I meant hanging around with friends, you know, the thing that is infinitely more important than having the latest merc model and the white picket fence a couple of years down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

They see me trollin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esio trot

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Don't worry..... You won't.

I know, I hold no illusions to my capabilities with regards to the bastard tongue of this nation and half the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

As a matter of fact I come from quite a humble household with regards to spondoolas but I am not going to let the fear of financial frugality bankrupt my life. And when I said going into town I meant hanging around with friends, you know, the thing that is infinitely more important than having the latest merc model and the white picket fence a couple of years down the line.
    Basically, your saying that the only reason we want to go to college and so on is to get rich. Wrong...(in the majority of cases anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What would I prefer;

Nice house, good car and a very well paying job but a rubbish social life or
    Terrible house, banger of a car and a terrible paying job but a brilliant social life.

I will take option one anyday of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

The way the country is at the moment, I believe that those who do well in college will be the only ones who manage to get mortgages, nevermind mercs:pac:

As for bankrupting your life, its only a few months..

Could you not be even slightly long-sighted in this respect?

I love having a social life. I've been getting pissed every weekend since 2nd year, not atm though. I think Oxygen etc. will be that bit sweeter this year knowing that you worked like ****, thats the way I am

And dont forget that an active social life in years to come is going to require a few extra "spondoolas" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Yeah, this thread is going absolutely no where.

So, in my first act of leaving cert moderation, I shall lock this thread :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement