Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force eircom to give me 7mb?

• 04-04-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all

When I originally got broadband back in '06 I had to push eircoms broadband manager to get it, continous emails and references from next-door neighbours who had it until he could see no reason to deny me it and he put the order through manually himself.

I've done some basic testing and think that on the 7mb package I'd get about 5mb tops, which I'd be happy with. However in the 4 years I've had broadband eircom haven't changed their habits, when I ring sales and explain the situation they won't upgrade me telling me the "button they press" simply isn't on their screen for me.

Is there anyone I can email in eircom to put my case to, like I did when I originally applied for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

your ping goes to ****.

if that doesnt matter to you go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Deaddude wrote: »
    Hi all

When I originally got broadband back in '06 I had to push eircoms broadband manager to get it, continous emails and references from next-door neighbours who had it until he could see no reason to deny me it and he put the order through manually himself.

I've done some basic testing and think that on the 7mb package I'd get about 5mb tops, which I'd be happy with. However in the 4 years I've had broadband eircom haven't changed their habits, when I ring sales and explain the situation they won't upgrade me telling me the "button they press" simply isn't on their screen for me.

Is there anyone I can email in eircom to put my case to, like I did when I originally applied for it?

Take my advise (or do some research). If your 3mb service is working perfect, dont attempt to upgrade to 7mb. Especially as your line will not take the 7. If eircom upgrade you to 7, it *may* sync at 5mb but your service will be completely unstable and unusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

If your BB is stable and constant at 3mg to not attempt to upgrade to 7mg if the line only capable of 5mg . NGB will up your speed to 8mg in any case .

Advertisement