Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm Work

Options
  • 04-04-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

In NZ currently but have 3 months left on my Australian WHV so gonna go back and get farm work to get my 2nd year. Thing is i literally only have a few days to spare to fit in the 13 weeks...

I've been looking at gumtree.com.au and it seems everyone's LOOKING for farm work but nobody is OFFERING... annoying!! Anyone have any advice? Surely hostels are good advertising opportunities for farmers as opposed to the internet no?

Was thinking WA area... anyone have trouble getting agri work there lately?

All confused, part of me thinks not even to bother cos im that short on time..

EEK! thanks for all replies though :)

SM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

If you know anyone in Oz now start getting onto them you'll need to be butting the feelers out everywhere. http://jobsearch.gov.au/harvesttrail/default.aspx is one of the main sites for finding areas in season . Then heading to a working hostel in one of these areas and signing up for work would probably one of your better chances

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Do you have any previous experience working on a farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Thanks guys!

Nope, no previous experience. Gonna be a disatvantage is it?

Harvest Trail have quite a few jobs in NSW i may check out

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

There will be plenty work out there at the moment for the cereals seeding, if you have a bit tractor driving experience and a bit of common sense. If you dont have that experience, you still might get that work on the off chance but you might also be able to get work as support, maybe office work, baby sitting, cooking and cleaning for the crew. the support positions are more plentyful in wa though and, overall, the money is much better. Try agworkforce.com.au and ruralenterprises.com.au also for work. Best of luck and enjoy.

Advertisement