Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Liverpool match thread - Mod Warning #432 & #446

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    simple question, have we been playing better since the sub was made?

Simple question, do you think he was right to make the substitution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would have been a goal if it was Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Damn thought that was going to be a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

simple question, have we been playing better since the sub was made?

Yes, but we are missing something, can't quite put my finger on it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How can anyone defend subbing Torres in a must win game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought we were the better team before the subs as well tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Could be 2-6 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ugh, this is madness.

screw this, though i think Torres should've stayed on (if fit!), this has nothing to do with Rafa now.

those players out there should be finishing these chances.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Would ye not wait till after the match and hear what the story is with his knee before running for the pitchforks?

Do you feel that Rafa will saying anything other than he's carrying an injury, Nandos reaction says all you need to know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How can anyone be so up in arms about it when there a possibility he was injured? Better maybe to find out the facts first?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Would ye not wait till after the match and hear what the story is with his knee before running for the pitchforks?

Do ye ever give the manager the benefit of the doubt and stop jumping to conclusions?

Was Torres' reaction, never mind Gerrards' reaction, not enough to suggest that he could of stayed on the pitch?

Full time 1-1

N'Gog will get so much stick now poor lad.

We are looking down the barrel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I could cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

4th is totally gone now.

With the chances that came towards the end Torres would have put away at least one.

Rafa..... you idiot.

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    Do you feel that Rafa will saying anything other than he's carrying an injury, Nandos reaction says all you need to know

No player is ever happy to come off to be fair, even when they're injured. look at fabregas the other night.

Why use Torres' reaction as evidence to criticise Rafa but ignore the ice pack on his knee, which is equally if not more compelling evidence?

How can anyone be so up in arms about it when there a possibility he was injured? Better maybe to find out the facts first?

His reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

noodler wrote: »
    N'Gog will get so much stick now poor lad.

I hope not cos he played very well when he came on. Its just that...he should have come on for someone else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

too many chances missed.

the subs worked to an extent, but we took off our most potent finisher.

i've no clue what to think, other than it's ridiculous that we didn't win that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Torres coming off will no doubt be the talking point, and if there is no injury then my opinion of that sub will change, but that alone is not what cost us three points today.

The overall performance was poor today, and there was no feeling that the players wanted the win badly.

It was only as the subs came on, that a sense of urgency started to emerge.

Two very big points dropped today.

• Advertisement

Look at his face coming off FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That was nothing short of torture.

If only Aqualani played full games.

Some will defend anything, no matter what it is, I would have thought this was a bit much but obviously not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Great to see Birmingham do Villa a favour :-)

SWAR wrote: »
    Was Torres' reaction, never mind Gerrards' reaction, not enough to suggest that he could of stayed on the pitch?

Full time 1-1

No. Was teh ice pack not enough evidence to the contrary.

All I'm saying is wait to hear the fact before you make up your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

nobody to blame but ourselves. ball watching for the goal and then couldnt score at least 1 of 6 chances inthe last 10 minutes or so. bye bye 4th place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Liverpool need to make sure they make the Europa League now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Rockee wrote: »
    I could cry

Go for it. We don't judge here. I'm in need of some group therapy myself. It's either that or or going a killing spree but I don't want to get blood on my Sunday best.

Did you not read that Torres had an icepack after the Sunderland game?

You are totally avoiding the reaction point as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Esse85 wrote: »
    Great to see Birmingham do Villa a favour :-)

:mad:we dont do Favours:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Anybody wondering why Gerrard has looked completely disinterested this season need only look at that match, surrounded by mediocrity on and off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Always a draw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Annoying result. Had enough decent chances to finish the match off but didn't take them. Simple as that really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

colly10 wrote: »
    Simple question, do you think he was right to make the substitution?
    Wouldn't have called it myself, but in hindsight we started totally dominating after it was made with ngog creating or being on the end of everything, something Nando hadn't done once in the game. If the definition of a good substitution is one that affects play positively for the benefit of your team, then anyone who says it wasn't a good one is lying.

Agreed....
    All i'm saying is taking him off when he seemed fine is madness in a must win game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Poor performance. Turgid first half with a definite improvement in the second. So many of our attacking players were totally ineffective going forward though. Thats probably the end of the race for 4th - just cant see us winning all of our remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Everton could yet finish ahead of Liverpool at this rate.

Anybody wondering why Gerrard has looked completely disinterested this season need only look at that match, surrounded by mediocrity on and off the pitch.

Thats a silly point to make.

Gerrard has been as awful as anyone at times this season - this pedestal we put him on, even when he plays utter cack, is frighteningly unfair on the other players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Odds for Mod Note: Post#xxx addition to title..

Immediately 25/1
    Within an hour 2/1
    By the end of the day 1/3
    By the end of Tomorrow 1/5

Not at all 50,000/1

Wouldn't have called it myself, but in hindsight we started totally dominating after it was made with ngog creating or being on the end of everything, something Nando hadn't done once in the game. If the definition of a good substitution is one that affects play positively for the benefit of your team, then anyone who says it wasn't a good one is lying.

We had plenty of chances after the subs were made but none were taken, our best finisher by a mile was off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kold wrote: »
    Liverpool need to make sure they make the Europa League now.

How come?

I couldn't give a sh1te about it, I think it's ridiculous that you can drop out of the Champions League and into it, that's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

No, no it wasn't, means fcuk all, both he and Gerrard could not actually believe what they were looking at. I'm just after seeing his and Gerrards' reaction once again. I'm not watching it on a stream so it's clear as day that he could of continued. Have you seen it? If you haven't, you will know what everyone means when you do.

I just can't believe some people are defending this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

If you think that's justification for him as a club captain then I think I'm going to give up on football fans.

Seriously, if he's not arsed because he doesn't rate Lucas then he may as well leave in the summer, and if you think he's right then you should support team Gerrard somewhere else, because frankly it's pathetic.

That being said however I have no idea who you support and could have got this completely wrong, but oh well.

noodler wrote: »
    Did you not read that Torres had an icepack after the Sunderland game?

You are totally avoiding the reaction point as well.

Show me a player who ever looked happy to be subbed.

Again I repeat, ye are jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. Possibly being a tad hasty.

It may turn out that the substitution was tactical, in which case knock yeerselves out, slag your manager all ye like.

But you don't know that for sure yet, basing it on players' reactions is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

magma69 wrote: »
    Go for it. We don't judge here. I'm in need of some group therapy myself. It's either that or or going a killing spree but I don't want to get blood on my Sunday best.

:) Sick of Easter eggs, sick of Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

4th & Rafa gone. Mixed day for the Scouse.

Show me a player who ever looked happy to be subbed.

Again I repeat, ye are jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. Possibly being a tad hasty.

It may turn out that the substitution was tactical, in which case knock yeerselves out, slag your manager all ye like.

But you don't know that for sure yet, basing it on players' reactions is laughable.

You are turning into an absolute joke on front of our eyes, you know that?

I am just going to ignore you for a while - you are just looking for a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd love to hear the reasons that Rafa will give for the substitution!!

Ironically, for me, we got a lot better when Torres went off. It wasn't one of his better performances!

N'gog, Maxi , even Babel maybe all should have scored!!

If you think that's justification for him as a club captain then I think I'm going to give up on football fans.

Seriously, if he's not arsed because he doesn't rate Lucas then he may as well leave in the summer, and if you think he's right then you should support team Gerrard somewhere else, because frankly it's pathetic.

That being said however I have no idea who you support and could have got this completely wrong, but oh well.

100% Correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement