Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting walls using spray gun.

• 04-04-2010 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering what the pros and cons are of painting walls and ceilings using something like the earlex paint sprayer you can buy from Argos...

Walls and ceilings are to be done with Magnolia Supermatt and no second fix joinery or flooring is installed yet... if I mask off windows and eletrical items I guess there should not be a problem using one of these.... ?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

You can't beat a good brush, but you need to be able to use it.
    I have tried the spray guns, but could not get used to them. Maybe it is the amount of preparation required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have an Earlx sprayer. I would never use it inside. The amount of overspray would shock you. A much better product is the Earlex powered/pumped roller system. I also have one of those and it is brilliant for big jobs. You would get the job done with the power roller in half the time it would take you to mask everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks !

Any ideas where the power roller can be purchased from ?

Best regards, Peter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I bought mine online from the UK. Having done a quick search I am not sure it is still being made, but you could ask the manufacturer:

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/cps_html/pr9.htm

For doing ceilings there is an aluminium poll extension which allows you to do all but the very edges from the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

bauderline wrote: »
    Folks,

Just wondering what the pros and cons are of painting walls and ceilings using something like the earlex paint sprayer you can buy from Argos...

Walls and ceilings are to be done with Magnolia Supermatt and no second fix joinery or flooring is installed yet... if I mask off windows and eletrical items I guess there should not be a problem using one of these.... ?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

I bought one of these for €150 in B&Q and I have to say I was happy with it - like you, I sprayed everything before the second fix and then painted the ceilings white with roller. Definitely paint the ceilings after (if you are painting them a different color) as there will be overspray on the edges! Make sure you cover everything well - rolls of polythene will do the job. I reckon I saved a lot on paint compared to using the roller and the cleanup takes less than 5 mins... thats my opinion anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement