Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for planning permission myself?

• 04-04-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Is it advisable or better to get a professional to do it?

Extending a house in the near future and wondered about going through the process myself to save cash.

I'm good at AutoCAD so would have no problems drawing up plans etc.....could get maps and that stuff.

Do the council care if it's not prepared by a professional so long as everything is in order??

Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you think you are up for it and are familiar with the process of making an application then I dont see why you cant do the planning stuff yourself. Anyone can prepare the documents/plans/maps etc for and submit a planning application

If you check your Council's web site they may well have info available on what is to be included with the application or alternatively have a browse through other recent applications online.

In saying all that Id still advise retaining a local architectural technician as you will not only have to prepare the planning docs you will also have to prepare working drawings to demonstrate that the works will comply with all aspects of the building regs

Good luck with it anyhow.

Oh, I'll move this to the C & P forum

Advertisement