Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a lot of money spent...stanley burner still not ryt??? help!

• 04-04-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

ok a stanley 80'000 btu cooker, not new, i moved the oil tank away from house, and lower then floor level of house...plumber advise it would be ok...so all work done and plumber finishing off...tells me my pump not fit foe a tiger loop...so new pump, no big deal...but..now the burner keeps timing out..(red button needs pressed) it ran ok for a few days..but now its every morn...:mad:
    he has fitted a none return valve at oil tank to prevent oil flowing away from house when off...still no good....now this cooker and burner never missed a second prior to this work...so is it a coincidence? maybe burner is in need of service? or a system failure in the set up??

this has cost me a lot of bucks...and i hope it works out...thanks :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

This is a hard one to be honest. It's possible it needs a service or maybe the oil line is now undersized due to the tank being moved away from the house. Can you give a bit more info on the installation? distance from the burner to the tank and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

Tank is approx 30 feet from burner..and approx 7feet below burner level...it is ok when running..it seems to only be when starting...this morn was same..had to restart...could it be faulty pump? oil line is standard size..as advised by plumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ummmmmmmm......the oil tank needs to be ABOVE the level of the burner......

no it dont...not wt tiger loop and proper new pump fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You should have two pipes coming from TL to burner, flow and return. in the return of burner pump the bypass should be blocked. This is done by screwing in a tiny grub screw with an allen key. This should be supplied.

• Advertisement

ye that is all done m8...i seen him screw it in...might b in wrong place? also the tiger loop is only gt a small amount of fuel in it...and it 'garggles' when running??

Interesting. I have seen TL work correctly in an application with a much higher draw then yours. Maybe TL is faulty, an sign of hairline cracks within one of the chambers? Probably hard to spot.

Best bet is to get on to TL tech line.

there is small bubbles in it while running?? and it not the line..i put it in myself...all ok?

Must be a faulty TL (if we assume it is fitted correctly), it isn't maintaining the vacuum over time.

ye maybe...but if there was air in line..surely it would clear eventually?

• Advertisement

the point of the TL is to eliminate air, the oil line should be clear of all air by now.

ye cooker service guy..not my plumber, said maybe air in line...dont think so...its only on start up from cold...wen running it no trouble...

Defo problem with TL or how it is installed. Not holding maintaining vacuum.

Just a thought though, has oil line been tested for leaks? Although I doubt this would matter in operation of TL.

s**t no...as i put it in myself..it was perfect at that time..under ground and in a protective water pipe. so how much fuel should be in loop...id say at the min it is only 20mm of fuel..in it...??

Should be over half full atleast.

Advertisement