Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you been living in Galway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

6-10 years
    Arrived as a tourist in Sept 07. Got a job here for the winter 'cos two mates from home were on WHVs arrived here six weeks before me, and had found jobs and a flat.

The mates went home. The contract got extended, and I met a man. The contract ended, and I would have moved on (to pretty much anywhere I could get work) - except for the man!

Love the music, cultural scene, sheer amount of creative energy in the city. Love that it's small and walkable (living in the centre). Hate the job situation. And perish the thought of ever getting sick given the health system here.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Twill be 3 years coming September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

all in all, 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

All of my life
    Born in the regional but was brought up in the Wild West. I’ve been living in Galway town since 1993, bar a year in London (baby) and a year Down Under. I love Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

My whole life. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the place. I love the people, the food and the nightlife, but I hate the roads with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

6-10 years
    three years now. Moved up for a job, stayed for the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

3-5 years
    Javajunkie wrote: »
    three years now. Moved up for a job, stayed for the dole.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

10+ years
    I see its mostly native galwegians so far, but a fair few blow-ins.

I moved in 2000 for uni and aside from 2 years living elsewhere and travelling, I now consider it my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've lived here for 21 out of my almost 25 years. Moved here because my parents wanted to. Very glad they made that decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deytukurjobs!

DEY TUK UR JABS!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

DEY TUK UR JABS!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

And your originality also, I see.

Advertisement