Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA CUP V PORTSMOUTH

Options
  • 04-04-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hello all.

I think we need to draw a line under the Sunderland game and move on to next weekend. How are things looking on the injury front. Portsmouth seem to be struggling to field a team at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

kakee wrote: »
    Hello all.

I think we need to draw a line under the Sunderland game and move on to next weekend. How are things looking on the injury front. Portsmouth seem to be struggling to field a team at this stage.

It was, after all, only one point dropped as I doubt if many of us really believed we were going to win there! Best we could have hoped for was a draw.

[Line drawn]

Things looking good on the injury front, I think. Lennon getting there, could be ready by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ok third time lucky for me lads, i finally got a wembley ticket since my loyalty points were just about enough. First off i am looking for advice on best place to stay and best route to Wembley and little tips. I am flying into gatwick so was thinking of staying around victoria station and getting on tube from here to wembley, any tips gratefully accepted. Also as a matter of interest, just wondering where other people are staying and drinking before and after the game. Looking forward to this, missed out on the carling cups so this is finally reward for the years of travelling to the Lane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 D18yid

Anywhere on the Jubilee Line would be good... Waterloo or Westminster. Good locations for getting to Wembley and having a pint after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Ok third time lucky for me lads, i finally got a wembley ticket since my loyalty points were just about enough. First off i am looking for advice on best place to stay and best route to Wembley and little tips. I am flying into gatwick so was thinking of staying around victoria station and getting on tube from here to wembley, any tips gratefully accepted. Also as a matter of interest, just wondering where other people are staying and drinking before and after the game. Looking forward to this, missed out on the carling cups so this is finally reward for the years of travelling to the Lane :D

i stayed in the ibis wembley lst yr. got a really good rate.

gret view of the stadium(not that counts for much)

standard hotel, cheap prices but very clean and staff were nice.
    basic but u pay for what u get. 5 min wak to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd say we'll start with
    Gomes

Dervite/Dawson---Bassong---Bale
    Bently--Palacios--Hudd----Modric----
    Crouch---Defoe/Pav

So we have no fit right back thats eligible Dawson and defoe are both possibly injured Hudd possibly injured.

This match is going to be incredibly difficult especially since Portsmouth only have this left to play for Banana skin written all over this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

keane=cock wrote: »
    i stayed in the ibis wembley lst yr. got a really good rate.

gret view of the stadium(not that counts for much)

standard hotel, cheap prices but very clean and staff were nice.
    basic but u pay for what u get. 5 min wak to the ground.

Cheers for the info mate :)

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Cheers for the info mate :)

no worries
    not great for night life but the tube is only 10 min walk and but 15 mins to central london.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

lennon is not goign to be risked on sunday due to the heavy surface, he will be on the bench wed night. king will be fully fit for wed night. dawson, hudd and corluka all back and fine for sunday

gomes

corluka --- dawson -- bassong ---bale

bentley ---- hudd----palacious ----modric

defoe ---- pav

its a strong line up. i would say if we are coasting then niko will replace palacious just to make sure he dont get a yellow card. ekotto to give bale a rest for wed night also late on in the game

4-1 to spurs i predict. this game is for modric

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No not a bad team by any stretch. I would prefer to see Lennon rested myself, I'm saying a 2-1 both goals from Defoe in the first 30 min and classic spurs to gift them one with 10min to go and make us nibble our nails.

this is pompeys season now. expect them to be up for it big time now.

they just got relegated today with west ham winning so i think they may feel they owe their fans, thats how id feel if i was a fan.

still think were gonna be too good andhoping it too.

come on you spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm starting to get worried tbh,

I would have been allot happier if they hadn't been relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I hope Ross Countys win is the only shock of the weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Up aganst Chelsea if we do win tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

As things stand for Pompey, they have nothing to lose.

They are going into the game as massive underdogs. They've gone down, so no worries about saving players for relegation battles. Their players have the ultimate stage to put themselves in the shop window, by playing their best today and finally, by giving their fans something to celebrate by getting to the final.

I always have concerns when we are easily expected to win. One of the concerns being that maybe some of our players might take it for granted that we'll win and not show the 100% commitment that is required.

I hope Harry has the boys totally focused for today. If we are and play well then I still think we'll win.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Full team
    gomes
    Charlie daws bassong bale
    bently hudd palacios modric
    crouch Defoe

subs pav Livermore rose dervite gudjohnsen kranjcar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Jeez, we're all over them at the moment. Just as I was typing Porstmouth break and get a shot on target!

Great save Gomes...

scrappy enough game, we have gomes to thank for a great save. they are keeping us under control very well. bentley is having a poor enough day, wilson doing well though. not much to say about the game really.

Yeah and the pitch is awful. No stand out players - Wilson has definitely been the best. Step it up in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor so far. Crouch offering little, although bentley hasn't put in one decent ball. Bale the only danger as usual. Pav for the winner ;)

• Advertisement

i have no time for pav and he is showing me why again today. bad attitude, lazy, giving the ball away etc. wilson is out MOM by a mile

getting nervous now, if we dont win in extra time then we are in serious trouble cos we all know how we are penalties

Great, extra time - just what we didn't need. The game didn't really improve much in the 2nd, though in fairness we've had the most chances. Really need to keep focused now and get an early goal.

Unbelievable. I wondered if the pitch would have a say in things and it's gone against us.

pitch cost us the goal and ref cost us the equlaiser. there was no foul by niko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

This is a fúcking disaster.

Perfectly good goal disallowed.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I'm very concerned about what this result, regardless of its outcome, will do for the remainder of our season.

wilson has yellow so misses arsenal and chelsea. our season is over.

Wow, we are royally fooked now. Palacios banned for two games, and knocked out of the cup. Thank you Alan Wiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

2-0. game over. season over.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Once again, we've been shown up. Terrible performance from us. Doesnt matter how much of the ball we see, cause we cant do a ****ing thing with it. We'll be lucky to get even get 5th if this is how we play for the rest of the season.

Typical Spurs tbh.

Advertisement