Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA CUP V PORTSMOUTH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm embarrassed to be a Spurs fan today. Don't care now what happens for the rest of the season. I won't be watching.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the usual post loss over reaction from people on this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ref royally fcuked us over today , but in sayin that we were $hite , we miss lennon so bad , what a day and to cap it off city knock 5 in against brum !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd love to say I'm surprised but in truth I'm not.

Season pretty much over now. It was a nice dream while it lasted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mickman wrote: »

over reaction? we were beaten by a team with 14 points !!!..no passion at all from any of our lads , same ol story , o hara in itv studio smug little cnut , we pay his wages and he hoping pompey win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's a touch condescending bud,

I think the lads a entitled to be as upset or pissed off as they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't think worrying if our season is over after losing this extra-time match with Palacios getting a two match ban is an over-reaction, more like being realistic. We have a knackered team without our key midfielder, playing an Arsenal team that haven't played since last week. Plus City are absolutely flying and now have a better goal difference than us thanks to their result today. I could have taken the loss without the extra-time or the yellow card, but both?!! We're in big trouble.

ziedth wrote: »

It is an over reaction. We lost a game that's all, granted a semi final. We were **** and unlucky and the ref ****ed us but life goes on. There's still 4th to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

same old tottenham isnt it, losing against teams with much less skill but far surperior workrate and desire. Big ask on wednesday night. Bale was superb tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Pretty negative comments from you lot. I think yous can consider yourselves very unlucky with the way the game went. The FK conceeded by dawson, the slip, the fact ye battered them for 110 mins of the game. On another day you would have won 3/4:0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't think worrying if our season is over after losing this extra-time match with Palacios getting a two match ban is an over-reaction, more like being realistic.
    Does it apply to the league? i thought cup was a separate issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sickened and gutted and I don't understand why we had a goal disallowed or why it was a penalty I thought palacios got the ball and he dived IMO anyway

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Does it apply to the league? i thought cup was a separate issue?
    Also since replays show he got a bit of the ball can it be appealed? Is it even possible to appeal a yellow?

ziedth wrote: »

we lost the fa cup semi final. its not the end of the world. getting 4th is much more important, the first goal came from a free kick that wasnt a free at all, dawson slipped then on a crap pitch. the second goal came from a penalty that wasnt even a free and we had our equlaiser disallowed when it should have been given. you cant win with those sort of deicisions

plus it is an over reaction. one of the posters said that he wont be watching the rest of spurs games this season, is that what you call a fan? someone who watches us get to the semi final, lose and then he stops following spurs. rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Got to say that I am devestated too.. But full credit to Pompey.. Their fans were top class today! They have had such a crap season, and they played with a nothing to lose attitude.

Our over reliance on the long ball game cost us again today, but what a player Gareth Bale has turned into this season. Only silver lining again this game - he shone above all our other players!

I agree Arsenal will have been licking their lips at extra time, at us losing and having no Palacios Wed either...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bale was great again I hope we can hold onto him in the summer

bale was outstanding. modric poor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Alan wiley is a joke. The goal shouldn't have been disallowed and the penalty wasn't a penalty. I must also say Crouch is shocking, he can't play the ball on the ground to save his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The plus side is that we played them off the field.
    The negative side is that we couldn't put the ball in their net, although James and one of their defenders did play a blinder.

But the ref and the pitch were dire! Two incorrect penalty decisions and a perfectly good goal disallowed.....that's THREE incorrect match-changing decisions in Pompey's favour......

I hope he gets banned from all future matches after that "performance"!!! Sickening!

With odds like that against us, all I can say is well done Spurs, and hopefully the extra-time won't affect us too badly for Wednesday, although something tells me that it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I would prefer to lose to Pompey, after playing them off the park, in the semi than to lose to Chelski in the final. I'm over it. Roll on Arsescum on Wednesday. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm sick with a dose of the flu the past few days but now I'm even sicker,I haven't seen the stats but possession must have been 60/40 in our favor I lost count on the corner kicks after our 20th one and our attempts on goal count must be massive but we still lost the game,not the first time that has happened this season.I just hope the team can pick themselves up now for the last few games and give us a good finish,Liverpool dropped two more points today so all is not lost..best of luck to Pompey in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

plus it is an over reaction. one of the posters said that he wont be watching the rest of spurs games this season, is that what you call a fan? someone who watches us get to the semi final, lose and then he stops following spurs. rubbish
    Heat of the moment stuff. don't take it so seriously.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

unknown13 wrote: »
    Alan wiley is a joke. The goal shouldn't have been disallowed and the penalty wasn't a penalty. I must also say Crouch is shocking, he can't play the ball on the ground to save his life.

....nevermind the fact that Brown should have had 1 if not 2 yellows. We didnt loose because of the ref, we lost to a team who managed to put the ball in the net which was something we just couldnt do. But it doesnt take from the poor calls made by the ref. I've watched both the peno and our goal over and over and the only thing I can say is Wiley must have backed Pompey because they are two of the most simple calls he'll have to make all season and he got both very wrong.

its just a joke really, i watched highlights this morning and its crazy. the ref was one of the worst i have ever seen. we did indeed play them off the park and they hit us on the break. why was defoe taken off? he was our most likely to score.

the biggest injustice is palacious. he played a blinder, has been cautious for the past 5-6 games and then some tool of a ref gives him a yellow and a suspension. it should be over turned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

fcuk them, seen it all before.
    I've moved on already.
    Just glad I didn't travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

the biggest injustice is palacious. he played a blinder, has been cautious for the past 5-6 games and then some tool of a ref gives him a yellow and a suspension. it should be over turned

totally agree, this is the worst bit for me. When Daws went down like that I thought this just isnt meant to be. Ref was terrible. Didnt have much to do in the game but any big decisions got them wrong. Our goal was good and that was never a penalty. So instead of 1-1 we are 2-0 down and Wilson out for two games.

fcuk them, seen it all before.
    I've moved on already.
    Just glad I didn't travel.

Did you get sorted for Bolton game mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It was a peno lads, and by the rules of the game he could have got a red.

Some of the reactions on here have been pretty embarressing tbh, I do wonder why some of you even bother "supporting" the team...

That's not aimed at mickman btw.

if he got a straight red, wud that have been just a 1 match suspension? if so, wilson should have given the ref a kick up the arse to get sent off :-)

we need to bounce back, a draw / win wed night and we are still in it.

• Advertisement

It was a peno lads, and by the rules of the game he could have got a red.

Some of the reactions on here have been pretty embarressing tbh, I do wonder why some of you even bother "supporting" the team...

That's not aimed at mickman btw.

Ah f88k I will have to go and look at it again now. I seen it a few times yest and didnt think it was a pen.

Advertisement