Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2005 Mondeo - New Radio fitting

• 04-04-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

After much research etc, I've bought a single din sony mext bt3700u radio for my 2005 mondeo. I also have bought all the connectors (to ensure i can still use the steering wheel remote etc), and the fascia adapter. Got all these on http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-fp0707-ford-mondeo-2003-2007-facia-panel-adaptor-p-1347.html, and the stereo on pixmania.

So....my problem is this, I took out the existing 6000cd stereo, disconnected the wires etc, but the faascia adapter didnt "click" into place. Has anyone any experience with this, would the stereo cage hold the fascia in place?

The radio connects up and works perfectly, even the remote on the steering wheel works perfect. Does anyone have any ideas, or anyone around laois that may be able to solve the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I fitted a Sony Mex BT4700u into my 2002 Mondeo and purchased the kit form the same website you did.

The fascia adapter I have is slightly different to the one you got because yours is the facelifted Mondeo which has a slightly different stereo shape. When I installed mine, it clicked into place as it had clips around the edge to hold it.

However, I had to remove the stereo afterwards for another reason and I broke two of the clips but it still sit's in place without moving. Make sure you have the plastic riser in place to hold up the back of the new stereo otherwise it will hang down and move the fascia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got a single DIN for my focus but I had to use a bit of brute force for the radio to snap into the fasica. Didn't cause any damage and fitted in to the space for the radio perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

cool stuff, i'll give it another shot so when i've a bit more patience. Cheers lads.

Advertisement