Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra beer?

Options
  • 04-04-2010 1:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if this beer is nice to drink?saw it on special offer in super value.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Personally I'm a big fan of Cobra, especially with Indian food but it's well drinkable on its own :)
    How much is it a bottle?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

its 7.99 for 4 bottles if I remember correctly,the beer I like to drink would be miller,budweiser,tiger is the taste similar to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well im sick of bud and i wanted to try sumthing new :)
    And i saw cobra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

its 7.99 for 4 bottles if I remember correctly,the beer I like to drink would be miller,budweiser,tiger is the taste similar to them?
    Its not really like miller or bud, but is more similar to tiger. It has a very smooth taste, not too hoppy but very enjoyable with thai or indian cuisine or even just with snacks. Its a very decent lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I think it is really nice. I don't know how I would describe it but I would agree that it is very similar to Tiger.

Took the plunge and got it and did'nt really take to it :-/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 treacy52

I've been a very big fan of Cobra whenever I've gone for it. Although I don't always find it which is a bit annoying. Very easy to drink and it doesn't have a lot of gas so it's great over a session.

It's 6.99 for 4 in my local Supervalu which is pretty decent for a good beer. Bud & Miller are cheaper obviously but they're fairly ****e!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I love Cobra, I think the first time I tried it was at an Indian restaurant and I instantly liked it. I agree with Treacy though, it is often hard to find in off licenses but I must make a trip to my local Supervalue, I didn't realise they stocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i'm not a beer drinker at all, i'll drink whatever generic beer is handed to me at a houseparty or whatever, but i'd never buy it.
    but a couple months ago [actually...valentines ha] i ended up sitting in an indian restaurant for dinner at about 2am and we ordered a couple Cobras, and i really liked it, if i had to pick up a few bottles of beer it would definitely be Cobra.
    [though i'd probably still go for cider over beer.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 treacy52

Sweet, this just reminded me. I was down in supervalu on wednesday evening pickin up a few & they were down to 5.99! :)

It didn't look like there were many knockin around though at that stage so I hope they'll have a few more back in when I drop in this evenin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I absolutely love Cobra but have to admit that it is a lot easier to drink with a meal.

Can't put my finger on why.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I don't mind a Cobra either but usually only out in the indian.

Was cobra not an English businesmans idea ... designed in England specifically to be drunk with indian food?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Was cobra not an English businesmans idea ... designed in England specifically to be drunk with indian food?
    Yep. I think it's only recently become available in India, brewed under licence.

Kingfisher is genuinely Indian, though.

Advertisement