Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any microdermabrasion deals in Dublin?

• 04-04-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone spotted any salons doing microdermabrasion at a reduced rate at the moment? Preferably someone reputable!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 BumbleBe

Berkely clinic in Walkinstown 85euro monday deal :o

Have u tried it before? I've got my first treatment booked for next week, curious about whether or not it will actually benefit my skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Thanks Bumblebe. I'm actually booked into Nu Essence on Thursday (€80). Will let you know how I get on. First time but friends swear by it.

Cool! Let me know how it goes!
    Im booked into the Berkely for next monday, kinda excited :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Why are you getting it done? Cos I would be interested to hear the effects and whether it worked for what you wanted.

I'm actually getting it done on my décolletage (chest is such a manly word!). Too much sunbathing with baby oil in my younger years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

BumbleBe wrote: »
    Berkely clinic in Walkinstown 85euro monday deal :o

Have u tried it before? I've got my first treatment booked for next week, curious about whether or not it will actually benefit my skin!
    Post here afterwards and let us know how you get on. I've been considering getting this done for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 shopaholic86

Would like to get it done myself but would like to hear if it is any good first! My beautician told me to do it cos I have acne scarring on my cheeks - kind of like little craters / large pores - not very noticeable but annoying to me!

Would like to get it done myself but would like to hear if it is any good first! My beautician told me to do it cos I have acne scarring on my cheeks - kind of like little craters / large pores - not very noticeable but annoying to me!

Yeah i'm doing it for that reason exactly.. and i've had a couple of mild breakouts recently! A skin therapist recommended it to me and going for my first session on monday

Hi all,

Went for my first session today and I have to say, very impressed. Went to Nu Essence on Sth Anne St and had a bikini wax first (my least painful yet by far) and then almost an hour of the various lotions and potions and fantastic head and shoulder massage that came with the microdermabrasion. Possibly too soon to tell (apparently it takes three days for all the nasty old skin cells to disappear) but I honestly think my skin looks much better and, for want of a better word, newer. I particularly liked the fact that although they do stress the importance of SPFs, etc., there was no trying to sell you stuff while you were there. Big plus in my book. Two big, well rested, thumbs up from me.

Sounds great! Thank u so much for the update :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

I had a microdermabrasion treatment on friday, I'm not sure if I'm allowed say where? but it was a salon in Raheny.
    I was suprised that it was a manual treatment rather than using a "wand" type thing which I had expected. However, the treatment itself was lovely. The product was very granular, and vigorusly applied to my face, neck and higher chest area. It was massaged for about 20 minutes, followed by a face mask. the mask was slightly stingy when applied but quickly cooled which I was told is normal.
    Unfortunately they did try to do a hard sell, but I told them I'd pick the products they recommended up online at a discounted price:)
    I've been following up at home using the st. Ive's microdermabrasion rub I think it was €6 in Tesco. There's a good bit of dry skin, almost like how it feels after sunburn, on the jawline.
    But I havta say my skin feels lovely and looks much brighter. I'm going to follow up with a couple of facials every 2 weeks, and get a further Micorderm. session in about 8 weeks.
    Hope that helps.

Hi MotherTeresa,

I'd feel a but duped if they hadn't used the wand to be honest, particularly if I was expecting it, but it depends on how much you paid for the treatment I suppose.

Yeah i'm doing it for that reason exactly.. and i've had a couple of mild breakouts recently! A skin therapist recommended it to me and going for my first session on monday

Hi BumbleBe, Can't wait to hear how you get on since you have the same problem! Let me know if it is any good! Thanks! :)

Hi BumbleBe, Can't wait to hear how you get on since you have the same problem! Let me know if it is any good! Thanks! :)

Hey, hope you're well!
    I went for my first session on thursday. I'm really happy with the results
    She started by cleansing my skin and then put on a chemical peel, after which she started the microderabrasion.. It was kinda relaxing, just literally felt like my skin was being vacuumed! Then she proceeded to extract every little spot I had, I didn't actually realise they could do that. It hurt a bit, just like popping a spot would but it was bearable! She finished with a cooling mask to calm my skin and I was done!

When it had finished I noticed my skin did look clearer, although the therapist said I wouldn't see the benefits for a day or so. However there were a lot of little red marks left behind from the congestion and spots she'd gotten rid of. You know when a spot dies and you've got a little circular mark left behind for a day or two? Its just like that.

Its two days later now and those little marks are nearly gone and I can definitely see an improvement in skin. My forehead was full of little bumps before the treatment but its completely smooth now. She recommended a second session, scheduled for two weeks time. My skin looks really radiant, i'd recommend trying it! But bare in mind it does look a little worse after the treatment. Although it may look smooth, your skin becomes quite red! But it doesn't look like acne so I didn't mind so much. Plus there's no problems with wearing concealer or make up afterwards to tone down the redness

Have u had a consultation with anyone yet?

Hey, hope you're well!
    I went for my first session on thursday. I'm really happy with the results
    She started by cleansing my skin and then put on a chemical peel, after which she started the microderabrasion.. It was kinda relaxing, just literally felt like my skin was being vacuumed! Then she proceeded to extract every little spot I had, I didn't actually realise they could do that. It hurt a bit, just like popping a spot would but it was bearable! She finished with a cooling mask to calm my skin and I was done!

When it had finished I noticed my skin did look clearer, although the therapist said I wouldn't see the benefits for a day or so. However there were a lot of little red marks left behind from the congestion and spots she'd gotten rid of. You know when a spot dies and you've got a little circular mark left behind for a day or two? Its just like that.

Its two days later now and those little marks are nearly gone and I can definitely see an improvement in skin. My forehead was full of little bumps before the treatment but its completely smooth now. She recommended a second session, scheduled for two weeks time. My skin looks really radiant, i'd recommend trying it! But bare in mind it does look a little worse after the treatment. Although it may look smooth, your skin becomes quite red! But it doesn't look like acne so I didn't mind so much. Plus there's no problems with wearing concealer or make up afterwards to tone down the redness

Have u had a consultation with anyone yet?

No haven't had any consultation yet! Trying to get more info first! Do you mind me asking where you got it done and if it was expensive? How many sessions have you been recommended?

Unfortunately got Impetigo on my chin 2 weeks ago so can't put anything on my face for a while - sigh! Really excited about doing it though and really appreciate your advice!:)

Yeah no problem! I got it done in the Berekly skin clinic on the Greenhills road and it was 85euro!
    They're really nice there, she recommended 2 or 3 sessions! Had my second yesterday and she doesn't think i'll need another.
    Really happy with the results! But my skin is still a little tender

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ciarakitten

Microdermabrasion is 50 euros at a place in Blanchardstown Village. My skin was very sun damaged but I saw an effect after 1 treatment. The advised me to get 5. They have a nurse at the clinic so its really not a beauty salon. Its definitely more of a clinic which made me feel better about having microdermabrasion.

When I saw the results, i could not believe it as I was told you would not see an improvement until after 3 sessions. My doctor advised me to have microdermabrasion as I used to suffer from acne and has some mild scaring left from it too.

I Googled Microdermabrasion Blanchardstown and it came up that way.

Good luck

Advertisement